Posted By: Anne-Marie Amifostine Financial Assistance - 01-13-2007 09:58 AM
On 1/11/07 my son received the wonderful news from the Hospital Billing Rep. that he had been approved for drug replacement costs on the Amifostine injections he received. So instead of a bill for close to $30,000, it gets reduced to $2,000! It was a very nice Billing Rep who approached me one day while I was waiting for my son to receive his daily injection. She told me that because of his circumstances, (no job, no health insurance) she thought he would be eligible for the Drug company that produces the Amifostine to cover the costs of the drug. She followed up and called me one day when we had just gotten to the car in the parking lot. Because my son was so weak and tired and nauseous, I went back and met her at the hospital while he waited in the car. She then came back out with me to the car to have Paul sign the forms in a few places so they could be expedited more quickly. I had never heard of this drug replacement program, but I do hope it can help someone else or at least ask about it to see if it could provide some financial relief. The news certainly boosted my son's spirits and mine, too! smile
Posted By: Stoj Re: Amifostine Financial Assistance - 01-13-2007 12:16 PM
Outstanding, I'm pleased for you all.
There are more than a few caring people in the health care industry.
Posted By: Pete D Re: Amifostine Financial Assistance - 01-14-2007 11:06 PM
The nurses at my oncology center supplied the forms for applying to a foundation apparently set up by the drug manfs for assisting patients with limited financial support.

Patient Access Network Foundation
PO Box 221858
Charlotte NC 28222-1858

Toll Free (866) 316-7261
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum