Posted By: financialcounselor Looking for financial assistance - 02-10-2014 09:28 PM
Hello there,
My name is Ashley and I am a Financial Counselor with a cancer Center, and I am desperately looking for assistance for a patient that has tongue cancer, only has medicare and SSI. She cannot afford the 20% medicare leaves her with, and while I am very familiar with other cancers and copay assistance foundations, this is my first time to assistance a oral cancer patient, financially. Any resources will be appreciated as I cannot seem to find an oral cancer fund. Thank you so much!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Looking for financial assistance - 02-11-2014 12:40 PM
Ashley, the Oral Cancer Foundation is not able to assist any individual financially. It is against the government guidelines we must follow to retain our non-profit status. Im very sorry that we cant help you.

Best wishes!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Looking for financial assistance - 02-11-2014 03:39 PM
I was thinking more of your request and came up with some options. Here is a link to a list of possible places to help your patient. I do not have detailed info on which if any of these organizations would be helpful. Some treatment facilities have discount programs to low income patients, but they need to ask. Many facilities do fund raisers to help.

The only one I know of is the American Cancer Society. they help with volunteer drivers to appointments and up to $300 towards prescriptions, wigs, or transportation costs.

Good luck!

Financial assistance link
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum