Posted By: Colette106 Anyone ever gotten sued? - 06-18-2012 11:25 PM
for unpaid medical bills? It's pretty small in the grand scheme of things (a few hundred dollars), although I don't quite know how to pay it all before the court date...anyway, if you have experience with this, I'd love to hear it.

I remember their office called me and I told her not to call me at work, but after that I truly have no idea if she called or not. Clearly, I should have set up a payment plan before this.

Anyway, I am sort of freaking out,so any advice/info would be appreciated. I have medicaid, but at the time, AFTER I saw the doc, I found out they don't accept it, so clearly I am responsible, I just don't know what the smart thing to do is for handling. this.
Posted By: terrib Re: Anyone ever gotten sued? - 06-19-2012 04:09 AM
I have heard of numerous situations where the doctor or hospital will set up a very easy payment plan and sometimes they will negociate the bill and accept a smaller payment and forgive part of the bill if you are willing to pay it off. Check with them, they are always more happy to have you work with them rather than have to harass you for a payment. Good Luck!!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Anyone ever gotten sued? - 06-19-2012 01:58 PM
Are you saying that someone is suing you over a couple of hundred dollars for anything much less unpaid medical bills or are you being harassed by a debt collector? I can't believe anyone would incur the costs to sue over such a small amount. If they are JUST debt collectors I would ignore them totally because they won't take this to that next level IMO.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum