Posted By: Bob Whyte Veterans Day - 11-11-2009 02:40 PM
Hope all have a happy and safe Holiday. I would like to thank all our Veterans and their families for there service to our country!!! Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Veterans Day - 11-11-2009 03:24 PM
Yes, thanks to all the vets and their families.
Posted By: Eileen Re: Veterans Day - 11-11-2009 06:00 PM
Yes, thank you all for your service to this country!

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: Veterans Day - 11-11-2009 07:19 PM
Hi Bob....thank you for starting this....I was thinking of you this morning when I was making my bed. I was listening to the radio and they were talking about Veterans Day and a special day for the Marines that just passed. I didn't catch what that was about but it made me think of you:) I'm sure there are other Verterans on the boards so I thank all of you!!
Posted By: MikeG Re: Veterans Day - 11-11-2009 10:05 PM
Yes, thank you and happy Veteran's Day!
(Tim) Stoj this means you too, if you are out there!
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Veterans Day - 11-12-2009 04:40 AM
Speaking of Veterans, there was an interesting conversation on a talk radio show today that I listen to regularly.

The discussion was making the point that in order to be called a veteran, you had to serve in the military and be stationed in a country that we were at war with. I had never heard this and was quite taken aback. I googled the term and it seemed from what I read, that you just had to serve in the military to be a veteran.

I served two years in the Air Force as a dentist during the Vietnam War. I never went overseas, but treated many personnel that were shipping out.

Despite not being in combat, I always considered myself a Veteran. I served my country, I was honorably discharged and am proud of my contribution.

Does anyone know the true definition of a Veteran?
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Veterans Day - 11-12-2009 01:31 PM
IMO anyone who served their time in the military, voluntarily or thru the draft, is a Vet regardless of what anyone else might say.

So happy V day Jerry.
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Veterans Day - 11-13-2009 12:40 AM
Tanks....oops, thanks.
Posted By: MikeG Re: Veterans Day - 11-13-2009 12:57 AM
Funny Jerry, "tanks" LOL.
BTW, happy Veterans Day yesterday to you and my hopes for many more!
Posted By: johninnm Re: Veterans Day - 11-13-2009 01:02 AM
I have a good friend who was a LtCol in the USAR. He always said he felt "less of a veteran" not having served in a combat zone. I said that, in my opinion, anyone who put the uniform on, no matter where they served, or what they did, is a veteran and deserving of our respect.
Posted By: Stoj Re: Veterans Day - 11-13-2009 01:40 AM
MikeG,

I'm still out here and still serving. Thanks and you are all welcome

Stoj
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum