Posted By: Vin CT Scan Results - Fluid Around Heart - 05-10-2006 07:56 PM
Today we received the results of CT scans done last week for my wife (Dx SCC oral tongue 1/05, end Tx 7/05)

First the Dr gave us the good new that all was negative with respect to lymph nodes and nodules.

Then the Dr gave us the bad news that the scans showed a tiny amount of fluid around the heart. The DR said that we have to watch this because it could be a sign a metastatic disease or spread of cancer to other sites. But based on the small amount of fluid, the Dr did not think at this time that it was related to cancer spread.

I would appreciate hearing from other forum members their experince with scan results showing fluid around the heart. We are worried.

My wife and I are grateful for all the help and support we have received from the wonderfuld and caring members of this forum.

Thank you.
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: CT Scan Results - Fluid Around Heart - 05-10-2006 08:26 PM
Hello Vin,

I can't remember if that topic has ever been mentioned here. It may have been but I might have missed it.
You can look in the search engine at the top of the page or wait and see if someone responds.
Not everything is cancer but we tend to view things in a different light than before.

All my Best, Danny Boy
Posted By: Vin Re: CT Scan Results - Fluid Around Heart - 05-10-2006 11:35 PM
Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your reply. I think about you from time to time wondering how you are doing with treatments on Erbitux. I was both very sad really upset when I read your post about your recurrence and prognosis. This is such a f___ing awful disease.

I did the search for "fluid around heart" but nothing relating to this subject came up. I have spent a lot time on the forum to find help and answers so that I can help my wife who was diagnosed with SCC oral tongue in Jan 05. I never came accross a topic dealing with fluid around the heart and any relevance to a possible recurrence.

But you are right. Anytime she does not feel good or has an ache or pain my mind immediately jumps to conclusions.

All our best wishes to you. Please let us know how you are doing fom time to time. We are all rooting for you.

Vin
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum