Posted By: GaryG Today is... - 03-30-2009 07:50 PM
the day before my next PETScan....I'm anxious to have it done and then to see the Med Onc Friday for the results and dread it all at the same time.
We had to say goodbye to a fellow motorcyclist and lover of life. He was 35years old and got tagged with colon cancer a couple of weeks after we found my cancer. He fought the good fight and never gave up...R.I.P Vman1300..see you on down the road.
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Today is... - 03-31-2009 12:23 AM
Hi Gary - sending you positive thoughts. I know what you mean about pre-test anxiety. I spend weeks finding new lumps and bumps prior to a scan then get to worry (Canadians worry for longer) a week or two for the results.

One of the wierdest things?? After you have had the test, you kind of shake it off - deep sigh, and say to yourself - "well what it is is what it is". Almost like it was a test you had to study for! Anyone else experience these wierd thoughts? (Please say yes SOMEONE!!)

We'll be watching for your results. Stay positive.

Donna
Posted By: EzJim Re: Today is... - 03-31-2009 12:30 AM
Yes Donna, if that helps you LOL. But yes we all worry some.
Posted By: JeffL Re: Today is... - 03-31-2009 02:45 AM
Donna --

Absolutely!! It is sort of a magnified version of what I experienced after taking the Bar Exam in California in 1980. You take the test for 3 days in July, and in our case, the results came out December 16. Coming out of the test, you are exhausted, but confident. Then, as the days wear on you get a little doubt, but go about your life, and then as October and November creep around, the doubt and the anxiety increase daily, so that by the day before the results are announced, you KNOW you failed. ;-)

Same thing here. I have my next PET, next week, and visit to MO for normal follow-up and PET results the following week. in fact, now that I think of it, I just passed the 2 year anniversary of diagnosis. The anxiety for me will start about Wednesday of this week, and will ramp up until I have the scan, then go away, and ramp up again just before the results.

You are not alone!

Posted By: ChristineB Re: Today is... - 03-31-2009 02:48 AM
Gary and Jeff:

Best of luck with your PET scans. Hope they are clear!

Donna, Yep, me too. I worry like crazy for about a week before the scan then as I walk out, I just think "oh well, hope its all good, but cant change it if its bad"
Posted By: GaryG Re: Today is... - 04-06-2009 03:06 PM
A darn fine day smile

Saw my Med ONC on Friday afternoon and the words were...your PETScan came back CLEAR!!!

WhoHOOO!!

Tells me to keep doing what I've been doing and see you in 3 months.

Thank you Lord for answered prayers, thank you OCF for the day to day wisdom of dealing with this.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Today is... - 04-06-2009 03:46 PM
congrats Gary and may you remain this happy for years to come.
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Today is... - 04-06-2009 03:47 PM
What wonderful news - go out and Celebrate!! We look forward to being here with you to celebrate many more clear results

Donna
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Today is... - 04-06-2009 09:17 PM
Gary

Pouring a little wine down my PEG to celebrate your good news since I can't be there to drink with you
congratulations
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Today is... - 04-06-2009 10:04 PM
Way to go Gary. Keep up the good work.
Posted By: Deejer47 Re: Today is... - 04-07-2009 04:08 PM
And I'll add my "Whoo-Hooo" as well.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Today is... - 04-07-2009 05:47 PM
Gary, congrats on the clear scan. Its great news smile
Posted By: William1949 Re: Today is... - 04-07-2009 05:56 PM
Congrats Gary, just went through the same a month ago. Here's to many more of the same results . . .
Posted By: GaryG Re: Today is... - 04-08-2009 12:21 AM
[quote=Charm2017]Gary

Pouring a little wine down my PEG to celebrate your good news since I can't be there to drink with you
congratulations [/quote]
I'd be right with you if I still had my PEG...mouth still can't handle alcohol or carbonated stuff.
Posted By: Uptown Re: Today is... - 04-08-2009 07:08 AM
Congratulations Gary. Always a great feeling to hear news like this from the neighborhood!

Ed
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum