Posted By: EzJim Geez, 1 yr - 03-17-2009 01:41 AM
It was the 1st year anniv. of my haing gone home from the hospital from having radiation seed implants. I sure never forgot them just forgot to post. Hell, this mouth feels as bad as it did 1 yr ago too. I would bet it never improves like the rest of the surgery after effects haven't. I hurt from right throat area uo thru my throat into my mouth , into my ear and musnt't leave out the tongue and the floor of my nouth in that area too. I was told scar tissue for the tongue and floor about 3 months or so ago. I beti find out real soon
Posted By: EzJim Re: Geez, 1 yr - 03-17-2009 02:08 AM
As of right now, the lower right part of my mouth and into my ear and right throat are hurting so bad it has my eyes watering.I hate to take any more pain meds and will try to fight the pain, Enough constipation has gone on.
Posted By: Donnarose Re: Geez, 1 yr - 03-17-2009 02:26 AM
Hey Jim!
On the upside of all that horrific pain, you are here to share this news with us! I think I can appreciate your pain, my mom is going through very much the same issues. It's ungodly te amount of discomfort she still feels. Do you have any lidocaine? or, magic mouthwash? I noticed for my mom sometimes the magic stuff in a spray bottle seemed to just mist over the area and bring her a soothing relief...other times nothing touches the pain. Been thinking about you, how are you?
Donna
Posted By: Donnarose Re: Geez, 1 yr - 03-17-2009 02:43 AM
Jim,
My mom just told me to tell you to try to get a bottle of the sodium chloride from your doctor, she said having it ready to use is better for her as she doesn't have to worry about adding too much salt.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Geez, 1 yr - 03-17-2009 03:37 AM
Jim:
Sorry to hear you are still having these problems. Hoping for better days ahead for you.
Posted By: debandbill Re: Geez, 1 yr - 03-17-2009 02:37 PM
I am curious if any follow up studies have been done regarding brachytherapy and quality of life issues. It seems to me that this is way too much pain to be reasonable. Of course the alternative is not good either, but why not other methods of radiation if this is the outcome???

Sorry, but chronic pain is so debilitating and I feel for Jim and Donna's mom and anyone else enduring this.

Deb
Posted By: EzJim Re: Geez, 1 yr - 03-17-2009 08:00 PM
I have Magic mouth wash, last script for it, Percocet. Biotene wash xanax and I have had the sodium chloride. I see the Dr the 25tfh. that is the Oncologist and I will discuss this at length with him if i have to, He is always willing to listen and write scrips. I'm just sick ofhurting so much. It seem to be nonstop now . I did have a lot of fairly good months tho.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Geez, 1 yr - 03-17-2009 08:01 PM
Deb, no follow up studies have been done because I told them I would rather try to go it like this. I just might yell Uncle soon tho.LOL
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum