Posted By: EzJim 1 year anniv. - 08-03-2008 11:08 AM
Well, sometime this morning marks the 1st year of my 1st surgery at the James CCC at Ohio State University. The beginning of a lot of things that confused my mouth as well as me. LOL..Pronounced Cancer Free and that was the beginning of a few problems. I could fel the Cancer for some reason in my tongue still. That is when Dr Pollock from Wheeling Hospital in Wheeling , WVa called and sent letters to my home explaining that the margins were way to close and the OC wold be back. Nedless to say he was 100% right. All of this followed with teeth being removed, radiation and erbitux . Then Feb. 29th, lucky I only get that Anniv. once every 4 yrs LOL, I had the radiation tongue seed implants and 2 complete lost weeks. It seems no one can tell me what occured during this time, not even on my BDay the 21st of Feb. Anyway, I knew I was gonna come out on top of this stuff and outside of a few uncomfortable ball games and races in my mouth, I am still winning the fight. Have a great day all. I need my morning coffee. Gotta go.
Posted By: EzJim Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-03-2008 11:09 AM
I should have added that this was the day I lost part of my tongue and had a left neck dissection. Geez, this old dummy gorgot the most important part of the day. LOL Sorry bout that.
Posted By: BarbT Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-03-2008 11:11 AM
LOL.. THATS FORGOT TOO NOT GORGOT...
Posted By: EzJim Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-03-2008 11:13 AM
LOL Barb,, you know how I proof read. I DON"T but should. Thank you mam.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-03-2008 03:37 PM
Congrats Jim
Posted By: Gabe Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-03-2008 11:16 PM
Congratulations Jim and is the coffee tasting OK now ????
Cheers
Gabriele
Posted By: EzJim Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-03-2008 11:28 PM
I have 6 cups every morning gabe and just gotta have it. Thanks for asking.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-03-2008 11:36 PM

Jim:

What a long road you have had. Glad you are finally doing good. Have a cup of coffee for me smile
Posted By: margaret_in_ma Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-03-2008 11:37 PM
Jim,

You continue to inspire me! I can't wait to have coffee again.

Congrats.

- Margaret
Posted By: wilckdds Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-04-2008 10:50 PM
Congratulations Jim,

It seems like just yesterday. Your continued strength and great sense of humor is an inspiration to us all. Your "speeelinng" leaves something to be desired, however.

Jerry
Posted By: Suess57 Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-05-2008 02:25 AM
WTG Jim!
Posted By: EzJim Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-06-2008 01:16 AM
Jerry, I was the champion speller even in grade school. LOL I just can't type worth a damn. I tried to learn in Business College but figured if I ever got into business, which I did, I would have a secretary. LOL Let her do the typing.
Posted By: wilckdds Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-06-2008 02:31 AM
Jim,

I used to be able to do addition and subtraction without a calculator. What's happening to us? I think the grandkids turned my brain to mush.

Jerry
Posted By: August Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-06-2008 04:24 AM
Jim....congrats! Every milestone takes us farther away from that terrible first day. I am pleased for you and proud of your ever-positive attitude. I imagine that you have some private moments when you aren't totally upbeat..don't we all??....but I do so enjoy you here! You lift my spirits every time I read your posts.

I, too was a champion speller. Oops...maybe I should check my typing before I post this! I actually taught typing one semester (by filmstrip and a book) when I taught at a small private school where I taught English, Spanish, religion, and typing. I decided that getting pregnant was easier than that!!

And it was.

XO
Posted By: Nelie Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-06-2008 04:53 AM
I can't type worth a damn either, Jim. Even though I've always been a good speller.I also have a hard time proof-reading what I've typed on a computer screen. I'm much better when it's on paper.

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!
Posted By: Marlene41 Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-06-2008 05:29 AM
Jim -
You can gorget anything you like for as long as you like. I lost my taste for coffee, so have one on me.

Marlene
Posted By: Kevin - Memphis Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-06-2008 12:49 PM
Congrats Jim !!

Looking forward to MANY more !!!

Kevin
Posted By: davidcpa Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-06-2008 02:02 PM
I was always the first to sit down in those damn spelling bee's even if I were last in line!! Thank heaven for Administrative Assistants and now spell check.
Posted By: William1949 Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-06-2008 02:29 PM
Congrats Jim . . . I need to start drinking coffee as latest articles now say a couple of cups is good for your health. How we seem to go full circle on so many food and drink issues.
Posted By: EzJim Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-06-2008 03:03 PM
I just have to say I really enjoyed these posts by all of you. Maybe I can quit smiling before I go to bed tonight. LOL,, I sure hope all of you have great days for the next 50 years or so.
Posted By: peace4uall Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-07-2008 06:30 PM
Wow! I had to get my 2 cents worth in. I remember writing about my 1 year 6 months ago! I loved how happy everyone was for me. I just danced around the room!!! I am smiling for you. You are an inspiration to all of us! I love to read your posts.
Wish I could share a cup of coffee with you. I love it too.
I did read also, that it was good for something or other. I had
switched to green tea, but when it got cold, I just wanted coffee.
And so it goes....
So absolutely happy for you!!! Keep up all the good habits that you can.
SMiling for you,
Debbie
Posted By: LarrysDaughter Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-07-2008 07:29 PM
Jim...you STILL inspire me! smile
Posted By: EzJim Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-07-2008 10:53 PM
Va isn't that far away Debbie, who knows LOL
Posted By: EzJim Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-07-2008 10:56 PM
Larrys daughter, you are one great caregiver to your dad , even if there are miles between you. Thanks to all of you, I have a lot of heros here to look up to.
Posted By: Sue G Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-08-2008 01:38 AM
Hi Jim,

Just wanted to add my name to the list of people who finds you an inspiration! I hope that one day I too will be able to celebrate being cancer free for 12 months. In the meantime I get immense pleasure from your postings! Thankyou and may you have many, many more anniversaries!

Sue
Posted By: peace4uall Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-08-2008 08:01 PM
Hey Jim,
I quess it really is not that far away. We all should have
not a "re-union" but a "union". What would you call it. A get
together somewhere, as many as can, for a little positive
push of the moral.
Maybe we will figure it out one day soon. We should all infiltrate into a hospital waiting room of one of our favorite(or not so favorite) doctors.
Debbie
Posted By: TinaB Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-08-2008 11:03 PM
Jim - Congratulations on the anniversary. I remember when I hit one year after my glossectomy, I was so happy I would only have to see the ENT every three months instead of every month. Time keeps marching on and we get stronger every day. I never had to give up coffee - THANK GOD! CMB
Posted By: Dr. Mike Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-09-2008 03:36 AM
Jim,
All the best my friend and congratulations!!
(I guess the gas, matches and dynamite will be used for a celebration..HeHe!)
Seriously though...you have been a strong force and someone for me to look up too and I wish you many more years and look forward to your realistic comments and uplifting sense of humour.
Keep on trucking!
Peace and happiness are in my prayers for you and your family.
Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: EzJim Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-10-2008 12:20 AM
Awe man, thanks to all of you I made it thru the 1st year. Debbie sounds like she's scheming to get even with some Dr at a hospital in Va. LOL Lets go for it Debbie one day soon. At least we would mostly all have some of the same features. Just sitting here smiling.
Posted By: EzJim Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-10-2008 04:31 PM
Actually, I haven't been cancer free for a year. It was a year since I was told I was cancer free and it came back in about 2 months, that is if I was cured for such a short time. This was months before the rads, chemo and seed implants. The implants happened on the 29th of Jan . I have been pronounced cancer free for the past4 or 5 months tho, LOL So that counts big time.
Posted By: Malka Re: 1 year anniv. - 08-11-2008 04:45 AM
Jim,
Keep up the good spirits and stay well so we can enjoy your posts.
Posted By: chemeng Re: 1 year anniv. - 12-04-2008 08:20 PM
EZ,
Did the docs at James sort of miss the mark?
thnx

Mike

dx scc right lateral tongue, fializing decision on where to get treated
Posted By: EzJim Re: 1 year anniv. - 12-04-2008 11:54 PM
I was just rereadubg the posts in this one. Got me laughing and feeling good for sure, just to have you all as friends.
Posted By: EzJim Re: 1 year anniv. - 12-04-2008 11:54 PM
Rereading that is.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum