Posted By: Nelie Avatars - 07-15-2008 05:08 PM
I know this is very tangential in terms of it's relevance to the main purpose of this board, BUT I see there are now a few stock avatars we can choose to use when we post. Is there anyway to take an image from a digital camera and convert it to avatar size and file type? I would rather use one of my own if so but I don't know how to do it.

Nelie
Posted By: EzJim Re: Avatars - 07-15-2008 07:01 PM
Welcome to the Club Nelie. I know how to turn mine on and off then I am a lost puppy. LOL
Posted By: Gabe Re: Avatars - 07-15-2008 11:46 PM
Just tried adding a picture ..small only 20kb with no luck.
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: Avatars - 07-16-2008 04:24 AM
The avatars were causing the board to run slowly in the past. I liked mine but they had to go. Sorry your personalities will have to be revealed by your cunning comments and wit and not through a cute little picture. When we get the rest of the site moved to additional dedicated servers perhaps we can consider bringing them back. It is a speed, space, and money thing. I have keep all the ones that we were previously using and if that day comes I will make them all available again.

Posted By: Gabe Re: Avatars - 07-16-2008 04:35 AM
OK,
Have just removed mine. For a while Nelie and I were both Mona Lisa's grin
Posted By: Nelie Re: Avatars - 07-17-2008 07:23 PM
Hey, there's room for more than one Mona Lisa on this board Gabe!
Oh well, it was a nice idea, but I can definitely udnerstand how they might slow things down.

Nelie
Posted By: Gary Re: Avatars - 07-17-2008 11:20 PM
I think that the avatars that were causing most of the problems were the animated ones. Even non animated eat up some bandwidth.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum