Posted By: Dragan Happy Canada Day! - 07-01-2008 01:14 PM
It's early in my neck of the woods. A beautiful, sunny morning, Canada Day, and I'm about to hobble out to the motorcycle and go for an early morning ride to re-apply the bugs to my teeth.
It occurred to me yesterday evening that July 1, 2008 was going to be a special day. Never before, and never again will we EVER get to experience July 1, 2008. NEVER
This is a one time event. What happens today will never again occur...that makes today a very special day, and we are all incredibly lucky to be here to experience the incredible opportunity that exists to make it a completely unique day in history.
Wait a minute..........those same things apply to EVERY day.
Each day is unique in history. It will never again be repeated. Why not make today a unique one in history, and a unique one in your own personal history? Despite all that we've gone through, all that we're going through, all that we may have to go through in times to come, TODAY is unique and special. I plan on living today as though it is the most unique, one-of-a kind day in my life, and it is. Enjoy the day and live it fully, be it a Holiday where you live, or not. You'll never see another one like it!
Wayne
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Happy Canada Day! - 07-01-2008 01:50 PM
You Canadians are weird!! LOL
Posted By: JeffL Re: Happy Canada Day! - 07-01-2008 02:45 PM
Very true, Wayne!! Happy Canada Day!! Also, for us non-Canadian, but voracious hockey fans, it is Free Agent Signing Day in the NHL! Never again will this precise set of GM's get to spend the precise number of millions of dollars on exactly these players. ;-)
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Happy Canada Day! - 07-02-2008 02:12 AM
Hey Wayne,

Happy Canada Day and thanks for sharing your insightful thoughts.

Today was a special day for me as well. I realized that this will be the last July 1st that I will be working as I have decided to retire on June 26th, 2009. So as I go through the next year (as well as the rest of my life), I will remember what you have posted here and keep reminding myself how special each and every day is.

Jerry
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Happy Canada Day! - 07-02-2008 01:12 PM
Good for you Jerry. I wish I was in a Countdown Mode. I want to retire but my 10 year younger wife wants to work and wants me to work another 9 years. This damn economy isn't helping my argument any as we are heavily invested in Fl R/E.
Posted By: Dragan Re: Happy Canada Day! - 07-02-2008 11:52 PM
Good for you, Jerry! I remember you mentioning that was part of your plan, and I'm really glad that things have firmed up more you. I know you look forward to every day, as do we all. I am REALLY looking forward to seeing some photos of YOU on the Great Wall.......soon!
Wayne
Posted By: EzJim Re: Happy Canada Day! - 07-03-2008 02:04 AM
Glad to see the retirement news Jerry. It's a hard life to beat but could be better. Well everything is great no matter what. I'm alive and still kickin like all of us are .
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Happy Canada Day! - 07-03-2008 02:43 AM
Wayne,

Didn't mean to hijack your thread here.

Thanks you guys for your good wishes. It was an easy decision after 38 years of looking in people's mouths. I think that having had a bout of OC has made me a better person and given me a direction for the future. Advocating for more dentists and hygienists to do what they should already be doing. Early detection.

David,

Maybe your wife will let you off the hook in 5 or 6 years, instead of 10. Start your negotiations now.

Jim,

With all the work you do around your house, retirement doesn't fit into your life.

Wayne, you will have to wait for those pictures in 2 years as my wife plans on teaching for one more year after I retire. So it looks like 2010 wil be the year to see China.

Jerry

PS Today was another beautiful day.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum