Posted By: billy.calcutt One year anniversary !!! - 05-31-2008 02:03 PM
One year !!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO

Today,5/31/07, marks one year since I completed my chemo and radiation treatments. It has been a pretty rough year but the good Lord above has brought me through it. I would like to thank each and every one of you who helped guide me along the path with your advice and kind words.

I had a CT scan awhile back and, as I posted, it was all clear. I go back to the doc in July and Im sure they will do another scan then.

Once again, praise God for all He has done for me. Without Him and the faith I have in Him I dont know how I would have gotten through this.

There is a local survivors group here in my hometown and they are having their annual get together tomorrow and me and my family will be attending.

Thanks again everyone,
Billy
Posted By: EzJim Re: One year anniversary !!! - 05-31-2008 02:42 PM
Billy I agree with you. The lord has taken me thru this stuff so far and I have healed fast mostly. Congrtas on your beliefs. Mine beliefs are the same as yours. We need the help from up above.
Posted By: Suess57 Re: One year anniversary !!! - 05-31-2008 09:53 PM
Congratulations Billy! There's a big survivor event here in Houston tomorrow as well. I plan on attending. We all have reason to celebrate.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: One year anniversary !!! - 05-31-2008 10:43 PM

Billy:

Congrats!!!!!

One year is a great milestone, wish you many many more anniversaries smile

Posted By: EzJim Re: One year anniversary !!! - 06-01-2008 11:54 AM
I'm going to Wheeling WVa's city Park today. They are having a picnic , sponsored by Wheeling Hospitals CCC, for Cancer survivors day. I can't eat, but I'm sure I will enjoy the day very much.
Posted By: wilckdds Re: One year anniversary !!! - 06-02-2008 01:25 AM
Billy,

Congratulations and I wish you many, many more anniversaries.

Jerry
Posted By: Cookey Re: One year anniversary !!! - 06-02-2008 07:26 AM
Billy enjoy your celebration and many congratulations on such a special anniversary

love liz
Posted By: chilled_fire Re: One year anniversary !!! - 06-02-2008 11:04 AM
What an achivement!
Congrats Billy !
Posted By: Nelie Re: One year anniversary !!! - 06-02-2008 11:08 AM
Billy, One year is a big milestone. Congratulations and may you celebrate many many more years.

Jim, I hope you enjoyed the picnic even if you couldn't eat like everyone else. After years now of dealing with events like that, I find I can usually have a good time even with being unable to eat much as long as my stomach is full and I am not at all hungry when I go. Also I often take along a drink I can have like some coffee with chocolate soy milk in a thermos. A survivors event like that sounds too good to miss. And you find there ar many others with different kinds of cancer who also have their remaining issues.....
Posted By: Kevin - Memphis Re: One year anniversary !!! - 06-02-2008 01:03 PM
Congrats Billy

Great Milestone

Here's to MANY more !!

Kevin
Posted By: JeffL Re: One year anniversary !!! - 06-02-2008 02:28 PM
Congratulations, Billy!! Great milestone, and one that I am looking forward to. Your story gives inspiration and hope to those following in treatment. Way to go!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: One year anniversary !!! - 06-02-2008 07:41 PM
Billy,

Keep up the good work.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum