Posted By: Brian Hill Bobby Hamilton - 05-16-2008 06:23 PM
Bobby's wife has become quite vocal about oral cancer since the passing of her husband. When we were all talking about NASCAR and this before his death, some of the posters here made contact with the Hamilton organization. I would appreciate talking to anyone that had those contacts. She clearly doesn't know that OCF is out here since she has mentioned the UK based mouth cancer foundation several times, (but not OCF) and I'd like the opportunity to hook up with her if she is going to become a spokesperson for the disease. We can help facilitate her getting the exposure that will help awareness like we have with Colleen Pinter.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Bobby Hamilton - 05-16-2008 07:48 PM
Maybe thru NASCAR.com you can make contact Brian. Might be worth a try.
Posted By: Dr. Mike Re: Bobby Hamilton - 05-16-2008 08:48 PM
Brian,
Here is Lori's e-mail address at Hamilton Racing: [email protected]
Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: Tammy63 Re: Bobby Hamilton - 05-17-2008 07:40 AM
My father was involved in Nascar he worked for Kenny Shrader and Darrel Waltrip etc... He also was a race car driver. He passed in 1996 ( car accident)so I have not had a lot of contact with some of the people I know. I was not aware of Bobby's wife was going to be or is a spokesperson. If you do not hear from her when you email let me know I can contact a few people to get more information. My dad was Ivan Baldwin and was working for Kenny Shrader at the time. There is a good chance she knew my dad or knew of him. You can use this info in your email to her and the info also on myself. It might help.
I have share my experience with so many people and only one person had heard of Oral Cancer. The word needs to get out there. One of the actress on One Life to live has share some of her experience on the show.
Posted By: Talbill Re: Bobby Hamilton - 05-20-2008 01:03 AM
Brian, Lori Hamilton was here at the Atlanta Speedway last year for the fall race and even then she was emerging as a spokes person for this disease. She was here with the Yul Brenner Foundation and Dr. Edie Hapner at Emory Crawforfd Hospital seemed to have a good repor with her. I still have Dr. Hapner's phone number if you don't. BB smile
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum