Posted By: Me2 Wierd message in my message list - 05-15-2008 01:44 AM
Brian and/or Gary - I thought this might be the easiest way to let you both know that I have a very weird message in my private messages. It is the newest one from someone called Barasusi and is a bunch of senseless nonsensical information....

Has anyone else had this happen? the profile info for this person is sparse...

I haven't deleted as I thought one of you might want to look at it, if you can get to it...
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: Wierd message in my message list - 05-15-2008 02:26 AM
Please PM me a copy of the message. I will look into this
Posted By: Gabe Re: Wierd message in my message list - 05-15-2008 02:28 AM
I have it also in my work email which is the one listed on OCF. (Email address is the only one I have.) It goes on for a couple of pages and is obviously spam.
Below is just a small part of it.
Rgds
Gabriele

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, 14 May 2008 5:49 PM
To: Roach,Gabriele BI-AU-N
Subject: Immunotherapy (cancer treatment)

Dear Sir,
I have a personal email address for the Internet looking for a publicity my paper kombucha.
From cancer who want only to survive, please read.

By the way, have a healthy body in the daily how the emergence of cancer cells, or, if you know? The number of units 1, 3000 and 5000 and also as a unit.
So why all the cancer cells occurred while many people are not developing cancer?
It is the single body's immune system, cancer of the cells to get to me.
Originally, the body's ability to expel foreign material that meets We will explain the cancer cells, foreign body, so the immune cells, but they are up to the destroyer.
Originally normal cells, cancer cells to become a mutation, but in the body's immune cells are part of a hit-to constantly monitor these changes and the onset of cancer is to prevent me that .
It is the onset of cancer, and a weakened immune system, cancer cells increase the charge to expel a small number of immune cells is believed to occur.

Posted By: Brian Hill Re: Wierd message in my message list - 05-15-2008 02:39 AM
The use of our members PM's and emails for the promotion of products is not allowed. This person has been banned from the site.
Posted By: Suess57 Re: Wierd message in my message list - 05-15-2008 02:51 AM
I got one of those in my home email, the address I use here as well. Thanks for taking care of it Brian.
Posted By: August Re: Wierd message in my message list - 05-15-2008 03:13 AM
I got it too....at home...very odd.
Posted By: Leslie B Re: Wierd message in my message list - 05-15-2008 04:42 AM
Me too, to the e-mail address I have on file with OCF. Thanks, Brian.

-- Leslie
Posted By: Malka Re: Wierd message in my message list - 05-15-2008 10:48 AM
Ditto
I marked it as spam
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Wierd message in my message list - 05-15-2008 12:13 PM
Yeah I got one too but I banned further messages from the sender.
Posted By: Kevin - Memphis Re: Wierd message in my message list - 05-15-2008 12:43 PM
Trying to read it, even knowing it was spam, was like being stuck in DELL computer tech support smile

Posted By: Nelie Re: Wierd message in my message list - 05-15-2008 03:12 PM
LOL!! I got it too. I bet everyone did.
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: Wierd message in my message list - 05-15-2008 11:26 PM
I don't know how many did, but the IP address that was used to send it has been banned from the boards, and the member has too. So even if they try to do this again, they will have to use another computer. Gary has dealt with someone like this before, and it took several times of banning all the possible IP address's that the person was using to be successful at stopping them. So if anyone gets an additional message or email, please post it here so we can look at the IP address that sent it and ban it.
Posted By: sharlee Re: Wierd message in my message list - 05-16-2008 01:01 AM
I as well got in my home email address. Thanks Brian !

Shar
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum