Posted By: LarrysDaughter Update on Dad - 04-26-2008 02:31 AM
Well, looks like the Cancer and tumor are both gone. Had MRI and there was a shadow, but he had it checked out and they beleive it to be scar tissue. We shall see... I truly hope it does not return. He still cannot swallow and still has the PEG as well. Thank you all for being so supportive! It means the world to me and my family.

Posted By: ChristineB Re: Update on Dad - 04-26-2008 07:14 AM

Congrats!!! Your dad had such a rough time. Its always good to hear such good news smile

Posted By: Suess57 Re: Update on Dad - 04-26-2008 01:41 PM
That's wonderful news! Now he can concentrate on healing.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Update on Dad - 04-26-2008 04:12 PM
That's great news. He's less than 2 months post Tx so don't expect to much recovery. This is a very slow process even if he's a quick recoverer.
Posted By: Dell1064 Re: Update on Dad - 04-26-2008 07:16 PM
Ginny that's wonderful news, I'm so glad your dad can continue to recover with peace of mind that the treatment was successful, what a relief that must be! Thanks for the update!
Posted By: minniea Re: Update on Dad - 04-27-2008 11:20 PM
That's great news Ginny. With time, the improvement will be more noticable and more encouraging.
Minnie
Posted By: EzJim Re: Update on Dad - 04-28-2008 08:36 AM
I sure am glad to hear this great news. I knew your dad would pull thru for his family and himself. He sure had a great daughter pulling for him in his corner. Now that's 2 of us in a week that are doing it to win our fight.
Posted By: LarrysDaughter Re: Update on Dad - 04-28-2008 10:32 AM
Hi Jim... how are ya sweetie? Thank you so much. He is very stubborn though and not doing what he is suppossed to be doing...UGH!!! I have not been on here much at ALL, so I have no idea what is going on... how are you? Catch me up... are you feeling better?
Posted By: Malka Re: Update on Dad - 04-29-2008 01:13 AM
Ginny,
What good news. I hope that your father has an easy recovery.
Posted By: LarrysDaughter THANK U EVERYONE - 04-29-2008 10:24 AM
I am not able to get on here as much, but wanted to thank you all for your thoughtfulness! It means so much! smile
Posted By: LarrysDaughter Re: Update on Dad - 04-29-2008 10:25 AM
Well, if he wasn't so darn stubborn... the recovery might go a little quicker!!!!!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Update on Dad - 04-30-2008 09:41 AM
Maybe, just maybe, his stubbornness had something to do with his response to Tx?
Posted By: LarrysDaughter Re: Update on Dad - 04-30-2008 10:30 AM
I am sure it plays a role to some small degree... but its kind of his nature anyway.... Thanks, David. I am hoping for improvement soon. Mom is going nutso!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum