Posted By: Brenfransdaughter Just popping in - 04-20-2008 02:50 PM
Hi all,
Just popping in to say hello, see how you're all doing?
The last couple of months have gone by so quickly, but I was just thinking about this site as mums estate is almost cleared up.
Brian, I'll be sending you some money when it comes through on behalf of mum.

Oh, and 2 weeks after mum passed away, I was granted my green card. Bittersweet.....it was 2 weeks too late.

Well, hope you're all doing ok.

Sue
x
Posted By: Suess57 Re: Just popping in - 04-20-2008 08:34 PM
Hi Sue,

Though time has passed, I think of your mom frequently. Her sense of humor and her positive attitude made her my favorite read. I'm sure she lives on in many of our hearts and minds. We were lucky to have her passing through here.
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: Just popping in - 04-20-2008 11:24 PM
I was reading some of the old postings the other day. It seemed like she was still with us. Her postings made me smile, but I sill feel profoundly sad at her absence. I hope you are doing well, and the pain of all this is softening some.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Just popping in - 04-21-2008 04:49 AM
Sue:

Your mom is still missed very much. She was so courageous and was an inspiration to all.
Posted By: marica_e Re: Just popping in - 04-21-2008 11:34 AM
Hope you are doing well Sue ... I know it must have been tough for you not to be able to leave the country when your Mum was so ill. Unfortunately INS does not take family emergencies into consideration. Thats what happens when you emmigrate the "legal " way.
We all miss Bren a lot, she was one of a kind.
Marica
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Just popping in - 04-21-2008 07:21 PM
I miss your Mum and your Mum's banter.
Posted By: mhupe Re: Just popping in - 04-21-2008 09:16 PM
I miss her too.
Posted By: Donnarose Re: Just popping in - 04-23-2008 03:51 PM
Me too!
Posted By: sharlee Re: Just popping in - 04-23-2008 07:17 PM
I def miss Bren as well ..nice to hear from you though Sue. I hope that you are well .
Posted By: Eileen Re: Just popping in - 04-24-2008 02:42 PM
Don't we all. What a marvelous strong person she was.

Eileen
Posted By: Uptown Re: Just popping in - 04-24-2008 05:36 PM
Sue,

It seems like just yesterday to me. I am glad you have had little time for the pain to be a bit less. Please find a little comfort in your heart first to know how much your Mum meant to all of us and second, please know we all shed a few tears when we lose one of our family here.

Wishing you the best and may your pain lessen each day and may the fond memories last a lifetime. You, too, are certainly family around here and it is always good to hear from you!

Ed
Posted By: LarrysDaughter Re: Just popping in - 04-26-2008 02:28 AM
Glad to see you checking in. Your Mum was an inspiration to me. She is greatly missed! Hope YOU are doing well! smile
Posted By: Tammy63 Re: Just popping in - 05-19-2008 05:24 PM
I have been off the site for while as I was going through the rest of my treatments and starting remission. I just came back on looking for Brenda she was there for me with her strength she gave me strenght. I was so sadden. My heart goes out to you and your family. She will also have a place in my heart.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum