Posted By: LarrysDaughter Update on my Dad - 04-04-2008 02:04 AM
Just thought I would drop a note (since I haven't been able to be on too frequently these days) and update you all on my Dad. Since I last posted, things have been fantastic! The tumor/Cancer is gone, radiation and chemo did its job. He still has a PEG and still cannot swallow, but will be going in for therapy. Surprisingly he is now GAINING weight... which is such a blessing considering that not too long ago we thought he would be in the hospital for dehydration/ malnourishment!!! His team is thrilled with his results, and are amazed at how well he is doing compared to most with his type of Cancer and at the stage of recovery he is in. He is actually up and out of his chair now, doing things around the house like before, cooking for Mom again... and overall has a feel as though he wants to fight this and not feel sorry for himself. So, we are most encouraged and hopeful that he will continue to get better and better with each day. We also hope and pray that it does not come back. The Dr's seem confident that they got it all and that it did not spread. One day at a time is all I can say!

Thank you to everyone here who has helped me along the way during this horrible ordeal. Without this board, I would never have made it. You have taken me under your wing and guided me in ways I will never, ever forget. Thank you for allowing me to ask a million questions, cry on your shoulders, and complain! You have no idea how much it means to me and my Mom to be able to come here for support when we felt down and out.

And Brian... You are the best! God Bless You!!!
Posted By: luvmyhubby Re: Update on my Dad - 04-04-2008 03:24 AM
What wonderful news and so uplifting to hear. I pray that things continue to improve for your family.
Posted By: Suess57 Re: Update on my Dad - 04-04-2008 07:40 AM
Tremendous good news. I hope your dad's recovery continues to be swift and complete.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Update on my Dad - 04-04-2008 09:21 AM
Way to go. Caulk one up for the good side.
Posted By: Kevin - Memphis Re: Update on my Dad - 04-04-2008 09:35 AM
Great News !!

Wishing him a lifetime of remission!

Kevin
Posted By: debandbill Re: Update on my Dad - 04-04-2008 10:16 AM
LD,
What a wonderful way to start the day...hearing your good news! So glad your Dad is "back in the game" and things are looking so positive.

Deb

Posted By: Malka Re: Update on my Dad - 04-04-2008 11:36 AM
Larry and family,

This is beautiful news. May you go from strenght to strenght and have a complete recovery. Please continue the updates.

Tell the doctors that there was another member of the team that helped in this "amazing recovery" - the OCF forum.

The best way we can thank Brian is to spread the word about OCF.

Malka
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Update on my Dad - 04-04-2008 01:48 PM

Thanks for the update. I have often thought of you and your parents. Your dad went thru a very rough time, its so nice to hear of his improvements. Gaining weight is a very good sign. Did he ever switch to the overnight feedings? Congrats on the cancer being gone!!!! It will only get even better from this point smile

Posted By: LarrysDaughter Re: Update on my Dad - 04-05-2008 12:07 AM
Thank you Christine,
Funny you should ask about the overnight feedings, I failed to put that in my update, and realized it shortly afterwards. No, he did not ever need them. Amazing to me that he did such a turnaround! smile
Posted By: LarrysDaughter Re: Update on my Dad - 04-05-2008 12:09 AM
Thank you Malka,

My Mom had told ALL of his doctors, nurses, etc about this site and how it helped us. Can you beleive none of them knew about it? Jeesh... well, they sure do NOW! smile I only hope that it will help others in my Dad's home area now with the knowledge!

Posted By: LarrysDaughter Re: Update on my Dad - 04-05-2008 12:10 AM
Hi Deb, thank you for the kind words. You have always been so wonderful to us!
Posted By: LarrysDaughter Re: Update on my Dad - 04-05-2008 12:11 AM
Thanks Kevin!!! smile
Posted By: LarrysDaughter Re: Update on my Dad - 04-05-2008 12:11 AM
Aw David, without your help, I would have gone nutso! Thank you! How are YOU doing?
Posted By: LarrysDaughter Re: Update on my Dad - 04-05-2008 12:12 AM
Sue,
Many thanks to you!
Posted By: LarrysDaughter Re: Update on my Dad - 04-05-2008 12:13 AM
Michelle... prayers are always welcomed!!!
Posted By: little sister Re: Update on my Dad - 04-09-2008 12:27 AM
Wonderful news! I will continue to keep your dad in my prayers. It's really great!!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Update on my Dad - 04-09-2008 08:33 AM
I'm doing great except for tax season.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum