Posted By: sharlee Hello ALL - 03-26-2008 10:35 PM
HI ALL

I hope you are all doing well . sorry I have been away for awhile ....alot because of being busy and then the FLU !! and it was hard with Bren...somtimes I need to walk away ..but I do check in ..

SO I wanted to say hi to everyone .. I am having my yearly PET on April 9th so I hope all goes well ..I have a sore throat for about 6 weeks now been on 2 courses of antibiotics and had the scope .. He seemed to think all was fine alot of mucus and redness ..and Horsness on my end LOL... That DANG FLU that I was vaccinated against ....LOL

SO I thought I would say hi and I LOVE and MISS U all so much !!

ALso My Dr asked me if I would do a commercail with them ..Unfortunatley I said NO ... I will do most anything to advocate for this disease ..but being on TV with somthing stuck down my throat was NOT on my list ..... Hopeing the BEST for everyone !!
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: Hello ALL - 03-26-2008 11:28 PM
Hi Sharlee,

I too been away and check in now and then. Sorry to hear you are down with flu. YUK. Hope Scan goes well for you on April 9th. Funny, I will be doing scan follow up on breast on the 8th.

Take care and get well soon.
Diane
Posted By: Nelie Re: Hello ALL - 03-28-2008 01:27 PM
Good luck to you both on the scans. I just got the final all clear on the ones I had a few weeks ago and boy does that feel good!

Nelie
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Hello ALL - 03-28-2008 06:10 PM
Welcome back Shar and Diane,

Hope you both get good reports an your scans.

I don't get scans, but I will be having my annual chest -x-ray on April 7th (1 day after my 3 year anniversary) and I have my next visit to the surgeon on the 15th.

Hope you're feeling better. Shar.

Jerry
Posted By: Me2 Re: Hello ALL - 03-29-2008 12:00 PM
Sounds like a lot of us will be having our yearly checks in April. Mine is April 16th, annual chest x-ray and Labs, and also a biopsy of the previous site of my cancer as this is part of the clinical trial protocol. This will also be the end of the active part of the clinical trail, and both my oncologist and surgeon tell me that reaching the 2 year milestone with no recurrence is a very positive thing... I also graduate to F/U every 6 mnths at MD Anderson, which makes me a little nervous...I liked being check every 3 months while I was on the trial...
Posted By: EzJim Re: Hello ALL - 03-29-2008 07:36 PM
Welcome back Shar. I wish you all the luck in the world with the Flu, but it sounds like maybe you have the new strain that is going around. Whatever it is, I sure don't need anyhting else to go wrong with this old body. LOL I thought for sure I would be feeling better after 1 month since the implants, but it doesn't work that way. Saw RO yesterday and he mentioned the new flu virus. Toldme to stay away from anyone that is sick. I just had to post something . LOL But glad to see you posting again.
Posted By: sharlee Re: Hello ALL - 03-29-2008 11:30 PM
Yea ..they told me that again I was one of the "lucky " or in my book .."not so Lucky " ones to get the strain that the vaccination DID NOT protect against !! Hopefully SOON I will be Kicking it !! Altough to hear me talk or cough ...you probably wouldn't think so !! LOL..

WOW april dose seem like a busy month for all of us !! I hope everyone gets GREAT news !!

And Jim ..I will Make sure to stay away from ya !!
Posted By: Nelie Re: Hello ALL - 03-30-2008 08:36 AM
Hi Shar, It's good to hear from you. Sorry to hear you got the flu, though. I didn't know there was a strain going around that the shot didn't cover. Yikes. I'm surprised I haven't gotten it given that my students seem to expose me to everything.

I did get the bad cold/respiratory virus going around, which it seems my husband and I have been passing back and forth to each other for the last month. I finally got over it and now he's sick again and since he's coughing all over me at night I wonder if I will get it again too.

Anyhow, good luck with your scan--just got through all mine with the all clear for another year. That's always a good feeling!

Nelie
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Hello ALL - 03-30-2008 10:27 AM
Shar,

Glad to hear from you again. I also had the flu shot and I also got something that only lasted a week. It's tough running a restaurant and a CPA firm during this time of year because I am exposed to soooo many people, especially employees and once one emplee gets something it's only a matter of time until it gets around to me.
Posted By: peace4uall Re: Hello ALL - 03-30-2008 04:25 PM
Good luck Shar,
I have my scan april 4 I think. I am freaking myself out. I have nearly walked my dog to death trying to keep busy and my mind off of this.
I hope you get over the flu soon. You have had enough problems to make this year a better one!.
Debbie
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum