Posted By: JeffL Grateful But Tired - 03-08-2008 03:58 PM
OK, here is a good news -- news story to perhaps provide a grin or 2. The good news is that I am feeling good, with only the neck\shoulder discomfort and dry mouth to contend with these days. The bad news is that since I have no obvious physical limitations (though many mental ones), I had no obvious or available excuse for not shoveling the 16 inches of snow we have gotten since noon yesterday! Another 3 to 5" expected today and tonight before this moves on. Wow -- usually our golf course opens by March 17 -- probably not this year! Maybe open for sledding, but that is about it.

For those of you in warmer climates, I am jealous!!!
Posted By: TomK Re: Grateful But Tired - 03-08-2008 06:31 PM
Jeff, I am in the same boat as you in Canton, Ohio. Today I got my snow blower out and also did my 4 neighbors driveways in the culdisac we live in. We had to shovel the ends of the driveways as the snow was to deep from the snow plows. We also did this the night before!

I never imagined I would be doing this 6 months out from finishing treatment. I am also up to 2 miles running each day on my treadmill as I am training for the 5k races in the Subway Ohio Challenge Series race curcuit.
Posted By: BarbT Re: Grateful But Tired - 03-08-2008 06:47 PM
we are on the same sled as you guys are here in barnesville ohio...we had the snow then ice and now alot of snow... put it this way.. enough snow that MR, HARD HEAD EZJIM went out and ran his snow blower at his house and hes only a week out of surgery..it does no good to try and tell that man he shouldnt be doing these things...lol.. he has always been that way...

Tom and Jeff .. enjoy the snow and stay inside and keep warm....its cold out there... welll to cold for me...lol...

BarbT
Posted By: JeffL Re: Grateful But Tired - 03-08-2008 07:24 PM
I'm a native Northern California boy who moved to Columbus 15 years ago. I think this is the biggest single snowfall we've had in that time. My black labrador sure loves it, though!!!
Posted By: EzJim Re: Grateful But Tired - 03-08-2008 07:28 PM
OK barb,, u got me LOL . don't go out in it guys. it made my mouth bleed.
Posted By: debandbill Re: Grateful But Tired - 03-08-2008 07:46 PM
WOOOEEEY, I do not envy you folks....after a nice series of much needed rain storms last night here, the sun came out and we hit 70 dry cool degrees...lovely. I have had my house open all day... the cats are in hog heaven.

You can give me a hard time in August when the hurricanes are threatening and the humidity is 100%...we will pay the price for having good weather in the winter.

Stay warm, Deb
Posted By: Dell1064 Re: Grateful But Tired - 03-08-2008 08:11 PM
Good thread Jeff!
Add me to the tired but happy list!
I love the snow and this blizzard is awesome!
I don't think I've seen this much snow since the blizzard of '78!
Lot's of shoveling though! But it's great!

Jim, slow down just a little, will ya?!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Grateful But Tired - 03-09-2008 11:31 AM
You guys up north think you have it tough....I just pulled 15 "loads" of Oak leaves and pollen sacks from the bottom of my pool. We have it tough down here, that's all I gotta say. Oh I forgot to add that it will be in the 70's today. LOL
Posted By: Nelie Re: Grateful But Tired - 03-09-2008 01:52 PM
We just got mostly ice here--which is actually harder in terms of getting it off the walks and driveway. I am so ready for Spring....

Nelie

(by the way, watch your neck and shoulder issues with shoveling--I find mine can be really aggravated by the muscles it takes to use a shovel--snowblower not so much)
Posted By: Cookey Re: Grateful But Tired - 03-09-2008 04:01 PM
Thanks guys!!!! your storm is headed over the pond and is due to hit us at midnight tonight.
We have been warned to batten down the hatches and expect severe damage.

love liz (doors firmly locked and all moveable objects tied down.)
Posted By: auntypebbles Re: Grateful But Tired - 03-09-2008 06:46 PM
OOO cookey it's a biggy our house shook last night with the storm, i was like holey moley thank goodness we took down that tree (we used to have this half dead tree right in front of the house...would have been in the living room last night).

Hey Cookey i have just noticed your from yorkshire, i am a yorkshire lass (well half) my mom's family was from Rotherham, Where hast thou been since I saw thee and all that.

Debz
Posted By: debandbill Re: Grateful But Tired - 03-09-2008 10:06 PM
Ooooh Liz,

Hold on to your facinator!! Stay warm and safe, Deb
Posted By: Cookey Re: Grateful But Tired - 03-10-2008 04:52 AM
Well Debz i certainly won't be "On Ilkley Moor bar T'at" lol!!!its blowing a gale and lashing with rain ,although we are not as bad as the poor souls on the south coast.I watched the news this morning and they were at southsea in Hampshire where Robin and i lived for six months and spent many many happy weekend days out.The poor newscaster could hardly stand up.
Rotheram is about 30 miles south and to the left of me and should not be doing to bad as the storm hit the West side of the British Isles,still it makes living here interesting.

love liz
Posted By: auntypebbles Re: Grateful But Tired - 03-10-2008 03:20 PM
LMAO cookey that reminded me of my Nan she would always give us a rendition of that after a few beers...bless her.

Hows the weather, if it follows true that we are sending it over there then we are having a really nice few days so the sun is on it's way...honest (i did try to keep it here ...i'm kinda selfish that way ;0)...(Debz <<<< sun hog )

Debz
Posted By: luvmyhubby Re: Grateful But Tired - 03-10-2008 09:11 PM
You guys are funny - I'm in the same "weather boat" as Deb and David and today was a gorgous, sunny 67. But we will totally pay for it with tornadoes, hurricanes and HUMIDITY later this year.

Stay warm and drive safe all you snow and ice folks and Jim you gotta rest silly, you're going to slow down your recovery.

Liz - we'll be thinking of you tonight!

Michelle
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Grateful But Tired - 03-11-2008 09:04 AM
I love the humidity and hot weather. I guess that's why I moved to Florida. But of course I love riding my bike at 22 mph for 50 miles in 90 degree weather so I am probably not the best voice of wisdom either.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum