Posted By: Daniel Bogan Worried about my Brother - 06-20-2004 11:31 AM
Hello All,

I had a call from my older brother Mike last night. His Dentist found a pencil eraser sized white spot on the right side of his tongue. He had a biopsy taken and will get the results back next Friday. He was a heavy smoker but quit years ago.

First of all Kudo's to his dentist!!!
Second lets pray for a negative biospy.

Dan
Posted By: helen.c Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-20-2004 12:28 PM
Ok Dan
Lots of big prayers and poitive vibes... I would say try not to worry but you all will... so I'll worry with you.. none of us need anymore at this time...
sunshine... love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: Powerlifter Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-20-2004 12:40 PM
Hi Dan, I will pray for your brother, and for you
too. No need to tell you to hang in there...you
are one of the toughest!
0-0
Posted By: Lisa in Florida Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-20-2004 01:37 PM
Prayers are going out to you and yours from me and mine in Kansas, Dan. Good luck to you tomorrow, and your brother on Friday. You are in my thoughts. Remember, you are the first to say "It isn't cancer till the Doctor says it's cancer!" {{Big Hugs}}

Sincerely,
Lisa
Posted By: Lynn Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-20-2004 04:03 PM
Dan,

I sincerely hope it's not cancer. Your family has been through enough lately. I know you will let us know as soon as you find out something,

Lynn
Posted By: nancyt Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-20-2004 05:03 PM
Dan,

Your brother has one smart dentist who apparently is on the ball - here's hoping for good news for him on Friday. Enough is enough ... you've got a big enough burden right now to have to start worrying about somebody else but it's especially hard when it's a family member, no less your brother. I'll be thinking the good thoughts and my prayers will be extended outwards even more. Good luck tomorrow with your chemo session. Hang tough.

Hugs, Nancy
Posted By: Debbie Domer/Caregiver Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-20-2004 07:46 PM
Hey Danny,
I'll be holding you up in prayer tomorrow as you start your treatment...Dan's was about a 3 hr. drip total...how long is yours?

Thank God your brother has a obviously good dentist to biopsy that right away...will pray for negative results for him.

Take care,
Debbie
Posted By: Uptown Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-21-2004 10:30 AM
Danny Boy,

I am sorry you get another dose of worry on top of everything else. I will pray for your brother, too, as I pray for you. Your brother has been blessed to have seen the right dentist as you will be blessed throughout your upcoming treatments.

Ed
Posted By: Carol L Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-21-2004 11:06 AM
Danny Boy, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your brother. God Bless, Carol
Posted By: Kaber Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-21-2004 11:08 AM
Dan, I'll pray for your brother and family.
Posted By: Marcy Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-21-2004 07:44 PM
Dan,

I am praying.....

Michelle
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-25-2004 12:32 PM
Great News!!!!

My brothers biospy came back negative for cancer. Turns out it was some kind of harmless cyst. Again Kudo's to his dental hygenist.

Dan
Posted By: AzTarHeel Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-25-2004 01:40 PM
Great, GREAT news Daniel... Praise God!!!

And yes, Kudos to the dental hygenist... We should have a place on the board where we can write a note of praise to these types of proactive folks who act in great ways on our behalf. Someone else suggested creating a pin or certificate we could give them... I know I'd give my ENT a gold star for how much he's been in my corner the past few months...

Celebrating with you Dan!!! (And Dan's brother!!!)
Posted By: Uptown Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-25-2004 01:53 PM
Dan,

Great News, indeed! I am so happy for your brother (and you, of course). Thank God people like his dental hygenist are put in our paths to help in the battles against this horrible disease.

Ed
Posted By: Leena Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-25-2004 08:10 PM
Dan,
Wonderful news! It is great to hear about happy things.
Good luck to you!
Leena
Posted By: lowanneb Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-28-2004 09:14 PM
Dan, recommend the hygienist for the OCF Dental Lifesavers on this website. We did this with Jack's hygienist who found both of his cancers. I think this gets all hygienists more conscientious about looking for cancer when they hear that some of their collegues are finding them. Jack and I are both thankful for your brother's good news too.
Lowanne
Posted By: Lynn Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-28-2004 11:54 PM
Dan,

I am so happy and thankful for the great news on your brother. Thanks to you for keeping us posted too.

Lynn
Posted By: helen.c Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-29-2004 12:01 AM
Dan
Great news.. see.. it aint cancer till they say it is...
sunshine... love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: Carol L Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-29-2004 11:55 AM
Wonderful news, Danny Boy, I am sure you are relieved for your brother. Take Care and God Bless You! Love, Carol
Posted By: DanielleO Re: Worried about my Brother - 06-29-2004 04:59 PM
Great news on your brother Danny!

I was so excited that you posted your photo so now I could put a face with your name.

The other topic where you posted was closed so I thought I would add here that I think that your and Ed's fears completely reflect how my mom feels about leaving her loved ones behind....she has always told me that is her biggest fear but not really a fear just that she too would not want us to have to experience the grief.

Whenever I read your posts I can feel how sincere and kind you are. You are always in my heart and most definately with a smile!

Love,
Dani
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum