Posted By: didier A giant thank you - 11-22-2003 10:49 PM
I just wanted to take a moment to thank Brian and everyone that participates on this forum. Being told that my Mom had cancer was, without question, the most devastating thing I've ever heard. I saw my Mom beaten down to a point where I experienced immense fear and questioned my ability and strength to get through this thing.
I know that sounds weak on my part, considering I wasn't the one going through treatment, but it was honestly a psychological nightmare. Fortunately, my Mom showed me a level of strength that I had never seen before. She has really amazed me, and I am so grateful for the progress she has been displaying. Its been a tough year, and I've learned a lot. The ugliness of cancer brought me here in search of answers and support. This forum has been such a tremendous help to me, I thank all of you for that. This whole ordeal has shown me that there are a lot of very nice people in the world. Thanks everyone. I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Posted By: DQKCK Re: A giant thank you - 11-23-2003 06:31 PM
I too have to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.My journey as a caretaker started about a year ago Thanksgiving and like most of you It is still going in some form or another.
The thing I am most thankful for is this forum. Since I really didn't have anyone or anything else to use for info, insite,or a sounding board got great strength from all of you. hope you all have great holiday.

Diane
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum