Posted By: davidintx Cancer of the Gums - 05-02-2003 07:53 AM
My wife and I just found out she has cancer of the gums(upper,just above the incisors).Any info on this would be helpful.Thankyou in advance
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cancer of the Gums - 05-02-2003 08:58 AM
Hello and sorry for the news you just received. As most of us were; I'm sure your heads and hearts are spinning with thoughts and worries.

While I can't be helpful with information regarding her recent diagnosis, I can tell you this site - in the main pages, has a wealth of information available. Use the sitemap or just browse around.

Another BIG positive you have going for you is your home town. MD Anderson is the top oral cancer facility in the country. And you have access to their multi disiplinary approach. I'd take immediate advantage of that benefit.

Glad you found this site, there is a wealth of knowledge here to listen and coach as you travel the path of treatment.

Please come back as you learn more and have specific questions arise, we'll be here.

Take care,
Dinah
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: Cancer of the Gums - 05-02-2003 06:28 PM
If you wish to contact MDACC you need to see a general oncologist first I suggest that you call either Dr. Glisson, or Dr. Kies (pronounced keys) at 800-392-1611 and get a consultation. Tell then that Brian Hill at the Oral Cancer Foundation asked you to call them specifically. While I am sad to hear that you have joined our club, at least you are in the backyard of one of the world's top oral cancer facilities. Keep us posted, and we'll try to keep up with answers to any questions that you have.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum