Posted By: DonnaJean Nausea and Vomiting - 04-30-2003 09:49 PM
Has anyone had any weird experiences with vomiting many months post-treatment? John was feeling tired again today (although he felt for the most part "ok" yesterday and this morning)..but today, he slept the day away - had a light dinner (soup and sandwich)....fell asleep after that, woke up...felt nauseaus, and then threw up. He had a problem with this about a month ago for a day or two - but then seemed to be alright afterwards. Now it has happened again. I know this can't be anything yet from the radiation - since that ended on 11/29/02. Of course, the swelling is still there from the surgery, and he sometimes gets headaches more often than he ever used to. He has an appt. to see the doctor soon - but what about these vomiting spells? Has anyone had or still have a problem with this on occasion? Thanks to all.
Posted By: Milton Re: Nausea and Vomiting - 05-11-2003 03:49 PM
I just got here so this reply is late for you. I have been out of treatment for a couple of years. I was never nauseaous or vomiting. I had surgery and radiation. I do have more acid and some reflux. I have had to change my diet because my stomach is more sensitive. I hope the doctor checks him out good. Tell him to stir around even if just for a little bit. I can't go to bed on food, it will keep me awake. I force myself to do stuff. I've turned into a pretty good cook and dishwasher since my wife now has to do the outside working. Sorry to babble.
Posted By: DonnaJean Re: Nausea and Vomiting - 05-11-2003 08:00 PM
Thanks Milton, for the reply. John has a dr's appt. coming up this week with the oral surgeon. Thanks for your concern.
Posted By: Gary Re: Nausea and Vomiting - 05-11-2003 10:35 PM
Hi DonnaJean,
I am a little under 2 months post treatment and I occasionaaly get nauseated and once and a while throw up. Before treatment I never used to get sick. I would hate to think that this is the new "normal", but it probably is. Like Milton, I also watch when I eat and if I eat late, I'll force myself to stay up for an hour or two while it settles. Acheck by the doctor is probably not a bad idea either, let us know the outcome.
Posted By: DonnaJean Re: Nausea and Vomiting - 05-12-2003 01:07 AM
Hi Gary, Thanks to you also for the reply. John doesn't feel like this all the time - with the nausea and vomoting, but it occasionally flares up it seems. He does tend to eat at odd hours - but his appetite is just not the same as it used to be pre-surgery. I suppose this is due to the swelling and all the after-effects. Some days are better than others - and I'm hoping this is just one of those "things" that occur as part of the healing process. Anyways - When we hear more from the doctor - we'll keep you posted. Thanks again.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum