Posted By: William Dozier Dry mouth gum - 08-20-2015 09:27 PM
Can anyone recommend a good dry mouth chewing gum replacement for the Biotene product? I always found that it worked great for me and purchased a case of about 20 boxes a couple over a year ago. I am just about out now and when going online to order more I find that it is no longer produced.

Thanks,

Bill Dozier
Posted By: MickeyW Re: Dry mouth gum - 08-22-2015 12:41 AM
I changed to Wrigley's Extra smooth mint. and Werther's sugar free caramel hard candy.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Dry mouth gum - 08-22-2015 01:17 AM
Ive heard good things about the Quench gum. I think it has xylitol in it which is supposed to help stimulate salivia.
Posted By: margaret_in_ma Re: Dry mouth gum - 08-22-2015 06:51 PM
Not a gum but I like the new MedActive spray. There is also a gel but I find that be too thick.
Posted By: margaret_in_ma Re: Dry mouth gum - 08-23-2015 01:23 AM
Shoot, I forgot to mention the MedActive lozenges. Very effective for moistening the mouth.
Posted By: Kerri Re: Dry mouth gum - 10-25-2015 07:16 PM
In general, sugar-free/sugarless gum that is not minty will help moisten your mouth. The mint in toothpaste, mouthwash, and gum burns my mucosa too much. I have to use kids' toothpaste smirk.

I have a related question:

Does anyone know if it's safe to use xylitol mouth discs? I use them while sleeping, especially when I have to take muscle relaxants for severe neck/jaw muscle spasms. The muscles relaxants are used sparingly because they dry me out so badly that I end up with more throat pain and oral pain due to extreme dryness.

I've had good luck with "Ora-moist" and "Xylimelts", both of which I've gotten at CVS.

© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum