Posted By: ChristineB New Dental Survey - 03-17-2015 07:12 PM
All OC current patients/survivors please take a few minutes to take part in a Dental Needs Research Study. Its an online survey being conducted by Joel Epstein DMD, MSD and sponsored by Medactive Pharmacuticals. Its quick, the instructions say it takes less than 30 minutes, I found it to take only about 5 minutes. The survey is open to any OC patient, survivor or even their primary caregiver world wide. The caregiver must have first hand knowledge of the patients dental information and needs. As OC patients, many of us know first hand the lack of attention to our dental needs during treatments. By taking a few minutes to complete the survey it will help the medical and dental professions understand how critical it is to have proper dental care before, during and after the OC treatments.

Online Dental Survey

There is another "hands on" study for OC patients/survivors who reside in North America only. Its a two part online survey and a 10 day test of dental products specifically made for OC patients/survivors to help with dry mouth.

Part 2 Product Testing and 2 part online survey

If you have any questions please send me a PM or there is direct contact info included with the survey.

Thank you in advance for being part of this. By working together we can help future OC patients.
Posted By: poiuyt Re: New Dental Survey - 03-18-2015 07:30 AM
Thanks! smile
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New Dental Survey - 03-18-2015 07:28 PM
Thank you, Andrew!!!

Hopefully many OCF members will take part in the survey. OC patients need better dental instruction and care. This survey can be a step in letting our voices finally be heard.

The second part of the survey (only for those in North America) gives users a chance to find relief of their dry mouth by trying the new products for 10 days. I think its worth a shot to find something that will work.
Posted By: someguyjeff Re: New Dental Survey - 03-19-2015 12:09 AM
Thank you for the chance to be of help.
Posted By: KP5 Re: New Dental Survey - 03-19-2015 05:22 PM
Done.
Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: New Dental Survey - 03-19-2015 07:54 PM
Just completed survey. Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: travelottie Re: New Dental Survey - 03-20-2015 08:26 PM
Thank you, Christine. I expressed displeasure with how dental issues are handled - I hope that at some point it will be helpful for future patients.

Lottie
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: New Dental Survey - 03-21-2015 06:46 PM
I have now completed the survery. Part 2 has been amended to allow Canadians to complete it. Thank you Christine for referring my issue to the survey team.
Donna
Posted By: PaulB Re: New Dental Survey - 03-22-2015 02:50 PM
Completed.
Posted By: David2 Re: New Dental Survey - 03-24-2015 05:42 PM
Gone and dunnit, hope it helps.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New Dental Survey - 03-24-2015 10:26 PM
Thank you very much for taking the time to do the survey!!!

When these things come along, its our chance to have our voices heard. I greatly appreciate how our members have pitched in to help future OC patients.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New Dental Survey - 04-10-2015 07:17 PM
After a little over 3 weeks 25 members have participated in part 1 of the survey and 12 have done the product testing in part 2. Thank you all very much for participating!!! Thru studies like this it brings attention to the dental community how important and also sadly how lacking dental care is for OC patients.

DENTAL SURVEY PART 1...
Online Dental Survey

DENTAL SURVEY PART 2....
*** part 2 is only available to patients in the US, Canada or Mexico

If you have any questions please send me a PM or there is direct contact info included with the survey.

Posted By: BrianPK Re: New Dental Survey - 04-17-2015 08:24 PM
How does everyone feel about the products so far?

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I haven't started them for fear that they will actually give me massive relief and I am getting used to the small amount of xerostomia...

My level of discomfort is only apparent when I eat anything dry or white meat, and of course at night, it gets bad enough to wake me up 1 or 2 times an evening.

I can go all day long without a water bottle and to some extent work outside for an hour or so before going dry.

So my fear is this stuff actually works and since its not prescription based, and a specialty product its likely going to be an expensive luxury(ala Biotene) and extra $110 a month for oral care tacked on to my prescription toothpaste ($25) is a bit onerous for the vast majority of folks who need it medically.

I have two infants and a wife who had to shift to stay at home due to daycare costs in NYS, so the disposable income isnt what it was.

I mean if they made a 30day package that was prescription a $5 co-pay and recoup the rest from my insurance I would be a fanatical participant.

Am I thankful for the trial products? definitely.

Not sure how to feel...
Posted By: Uptown Re: New Dental Survey - 04-18-2015 07:26 PM
I believe this journey is full of highs and lows; ups and downs, etc. You can either find something that helps with comfort right now and that may be different in a month, a week or even every day. Comfort will cost in ways it hasn't before. If money is more important, don't spend the money, accepting it may work or may not. There will be many trials and errors.

I would say if you can go all day without water, your answer is in front of you.
Posted By: David2 Re: New Dental Survey - 04-22-2015 09:15 PM
Got my pack yesterday. It isn't quite what I'd expected, i.e. a trial that requires following a particular regimen. But I'm glad to do it and will follow through assiduously and take the survey when the 10 days have gone by. I don't have the major dryness issues that many of our family endure so I'm not sure if this will prove very helpful to me. We shall see!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New Dental Survey - 05-11-2015 12:54 AM
The dental surveys are still available for anyone who has a few minutes to complete them.

Thank you in advance for helping!!!

Online Dental Survey

The second link is another "hands on" study for OC patients/survivors who reside in North America only. Its a two part online survey and a 10 day test of dental products specifically made for OC patients/survivors to help with dry mouth.

Posted By: David2 Re: New Dental Survey - 05-13-2015 04:27 PM
Well, I finished the 10 days without incident. The flavor of the mouthwash was pleasant, orange, and I must say the lozenges, although an odd flavor that takes some getting used to, really do promote saliva flow while you're sucking on them and for some minutes thereafter. I'll put the surplus in my backpack for hikes in hot weather.

Don't really think the 10 days of the rinse, lozenges, gel and spray did anything for me. I also can't comment on whether or not continued use of these products would be beneficial in the long term. Maybe they would for someone with an extremely dry mouth.

I found the ending survey interesting in that it didn't address the trial. In fact I even wondered whether or not I was doing the right one. But I'd typed in the address they listed on the accompanying form, including entering my personal survey number.

I hope this helped the company and, more importantly, that it helps people down the line.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New Dental Survey - 05-13-2015 06:43 PM
Thank you very much for your participation, David! I agree, hoping that this study will benefit future OC patients.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New Dental Survey - 10-21-2015 06:38 PM
This survey is still accepting participants. Please help us to help others by taking a little time to do this study.

Thank you!!!
Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: New Dental Survey - 10-22-2015 01:12 AM
Just finished the survey, Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New Dental Survey - 10-22-2015 03:55 AM
Thanks Bob!!!!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New Dental Survey - 11-09-2015 01:31 AM
The surveys are still going on. Please take a few minutes to participate.

All OC current patients/survivors please take a few minutes to take part in a Dental Needs Research Study. Its an online survey being conducted by Joel Epstein DMD, MSD and sponsored by Medactive Pharmacuticals. Its quick, the instructions say it takes less than 30 minutes, I found it to take only about 5 minutes. The survey is open to any OC patient, survivor or even their primary caregiver world wide. The caregiver must have first hand knowledge of the patients dental information and needs. As OC patients, many of us know first hand the lack of attention to our dental needs during treatments. By taking a few minutes to complete the survey it will help the medical and dental professions understand how critical it is to have proper dental care before, during and after the OC treatments.

Online Dental Survey

The second link is another "hands on" study for OC patients/survivors who reside in North America only. Its a two part online survey and a 10 day test of dental products specifically made for OC patients/survivors to help with dry mouth.

Thank you!!!
Posted By: Di66 Re: New Dental Survey - 11-13-2015 08:46 PM
Completed this evening . 😀
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New Dental Survey - 11-14-2015 02:19 AM
Thank you!!!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum