Posted By: Uptown Posting Times - 05-17-2014 06:56 PM
I to idea just before I logged in that the post time stamp before logging in shows very strange and seemingly random times that correct upon logging in. Does this mean visitors or guests will see those times?
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Posting Times - 05-18-2014 01:31 AM
I havent noticed anything unusual like the odd times you described. Whenever Im on the forum prior to logging in everything looks almost the same to me.
Posted By: Uptown Re: Posting Times - 05-18-2014 04:42 AM
That's some mighty fine English Apple provided for me. It should have said "I noticed". Sorry.

I checked again and it's the same. I then checked Bart's post, "How I spent my summer vacation" and logged in, the timestamp is 5/17 4:26 pm. Logged out, the timestamp is yesterday 10:26 pm.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Posting Times - 05-18-2014 01:16 PM
Ed you are absolutely correct! I logged out and looked at the list of posts and logged back in and the times changed. Maybe something to do with the servers and where you are located???? Guessing!
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Posting Times - 05-18-2014 04:32 PM
This happened when the upgrade was done a few months ago. I believe Brian posted something about the time change which was related to the server location. I needed to change the "offset time" under my settings so that when I logged in the times I saw reflected my local time. However, the times shown before I logged in are off by 4 hours - 4 hours ahead, which can be confusing!
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: Posting Times - 05-19-2014 02:48 AM
The servers are located in CA. You need to go into your preferences and reset your hour offset from Pacific Time to get them to read right for you individual location
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Posting Times - 05-19-2014 06:39 PM
While the OCF servers may be in CA (Pacific Time), I believe the time shown is in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). I believe this changed when the server upgrade was done last year as I recall having to adjust my hour offset preferences after the upgrade. So before the upgrade the server time could have been Pacific Time.

I'm on the east coast and use -4 as the hour offset in my preferences to change the time shown when I log into the forum to my time (EDT - Eastern Daylight Time). If the server time was set to CA time, I would have to add 3 hours.
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: Posting Times - 05-19-2014 06:59 PM
You are right Susan. Honestly I never look at the posting times so I hadn't paid much attention to this.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum