Posted By: gmcraft Like the New Look - 03-10-2014 08:30 PM
I like the new look of the website although initially I was a bit disoriented trying to find the Forum.
Posted By: Webmaster Re: Like the New Look - 03-10-2014 09:34 PM
Thanks for the comments on the new website. We added a link on the top of every page to login to the support forum.
[img:center]http://oralcancer.org/forum/images/1.jpg[/img]
Posted By: zengalib Re: Like the New Look - 03-11-2014 12:11 AM
Love it!
Posted By: n74tg Re: Like the New Look - 03-11-2014 12:09 PM
I particularly like the link to the Youtube OC videos, lots of other good additions too.

Tony
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Like the New Look - 03-26-2014 05:31 AM
Love the new look of the OCF website!

Question - is there a SEARCH function to search the OCF main web pages? There was one before, but I could not find it on the redesigned website.

Thanks!
Posted By: Webmaster Re: Like the New Look - 03-26-2014 06:39 AM
Google indexing is complete so the button is on every page at the top. Thanks!
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Like the New Look - 03-26-2014 11:55 AM
Nice job on the redesign! Fresh, clean, organized, stylish! Well done.
Posted By: Gabe Re: Like the New Look - 03-26-2014 11:09 PM
Loving the new look too.
See Webmaster has an Avatar and miss mine but know the reasons why we cannot go back to them smirk
Congratulations to all involved!
Gabriele
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: Like the New Look - 03-27-2014 12:43 AM
OK Gabe�. what are you seeing that I can't? The webmaster posts don't have an avatar. Perhaps I am existing in an alternate reality and didn't know it. Of course that would explain many things besides the missing avatar�
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Like the New Look - 03-27-2014 12:49 AM
Brian,

On the post above mine, the webmaster has a photo. (You crack me up!)
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Like the New Look - 03-27-2014 01:40 AM
I like having the Amazon and OCF Donation links on the forum page - easier to find! One suggestion would be to make them a bit smaller so that column would be narrower and the forum post column wider.

What is the purpose of the Calendar? When I click on it I get a calendar, but no events listed.

I'm glad to see the SEARCH function is ready!

Thanks for making all the changes to the website!
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: Like the New Look - 03-27-2014 04:26 AM
Actually people can post relevant photos here, but they cannot be hosted on the OCF site. We don't promote the possibility because we don't want a bunch of stuff on here that is irrelevant, or clinical pictures that people routinely send us to comment on ( we are not doctors), or things that it turn into another Facebook with people shooting pictures of the meal that they are having, the love of their life the gondola they are in while in Europe, their new _______ (insert here; car, mustache, tattoo, favorite quote in old English font etc.) and heaven forbid, cat videos�

Posted By: Gabe Re: Like the New Look - 03-27-2014 05:29 AM
Email sent to you with the picture we all see Brian.
No car, moustache, or tattoo but a guy who I presume is Chester with a black T Shirt with yellow writing and headphones on smirk
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Like the New Look - 03-27-2014 09:18 AM
Beautiful job on OCF's new look! Altho' I can't see a guy (Chester?) with a black T Shirt with yellow writing with headphones on.
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: Like the New Look - 03-27-2014 02:21 PM
Go to the key staff page on the about us section of the website. Chester looks like that in those images (vs. a nerdy guy sitting in front of a computer coding all night) because for years he has toured with Tommy Lee doing after hour parties after Motley Crew concerts and at many other venues that Tommy and Chester play by themselves. He's the real deal when it comes to club music. That he is also a code warrior is another part of his life altogether.

If you click on any of those main links in the horizontal black bar you get a landing page about it with new links and do not have to choose from the drop down small links that are there as you roll over the main categories. The site is now dynamic and recognizes what kind of platform you are coming in on and serves up an appropriate layout for pads, mini pads, phones, desktops etc. Being mobil friendly in todays world is what it is all about.
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Like the New Look - 03-28-2014 12:20 PM
Found Chester! What a Cool Code Warrior! I'm still exploring all the links in this impressive new look and realizing what an amazing and thoughtful undertaking it has been for all those involved in bringing it to what is is today!
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: Like the New Look - 03-28-2014 03:03 PM
There are still over a hundred new pages that need writing and approval from the science board. This is far from done. When April screening month work is behind us, we will be working on those pages in ernest. If anyone believes that they have good grammar and writing skills and can do good basic research we are always looking for help in producing content for he web site. Not only does it have to read well and be written in an informative but approachable tone, it has to get by the science advisory board, which means that the content has to be scientifically right on the money. But anyone that feels like this is a contribution that they would like to make, please contact me and you can try your hand at a page.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum