Posted By: Cookey Dropping in - 12-20-2013 07:54 PM
Well its that time of year again as the world goes Christmas mad lol,and in case anyone thinks I have deserted the cause just wanted to let you know I am still advocating with Macmillan Cancer.

I have also been with caring for my dear Mum who is now 2 years into her fight against breast/bone cancer

She is rapidly approaching the final stages with the development of malignant ascites and a peritoneal tumour and I have been living with her for some time now carrying out daily peritoneal drainage and all the familiar tasks of a full time carer.

So that's my news and I would like to wish you all the very best for Christmas and New Year and continued success with this wonderful site that has grown so much in the last seven years I have been a member.

love and hugs
liz xxxx
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Dropping in - 12-20-2013 08:12 PM
Liz, what a great surprise! Im so glad to see your post!

Sorry about your mother. It must be very hard being her caregiver and watching her deteriorate.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Dropping in - 12-20-2013 08:31 PM
Liz! - How nice to see you back. Thanks for dropping in. It's nice to know you're still around - but so sorry to hear about your Mum. She surely has the very best carer anyone could have. Hope the holidays are peaceful and very special for both of you.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Dropping in - 12-20-2013 09:27 PM
Liz,

Nice to hear from you.
Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: Dropping in - 12-21-2013 04:45 PM
Hi Liz, Glad to hear from you, was wondering how you have been! Besr regaurds to to and you mother!! Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Dropping in - 12-21-2013 05:29 PM
Hi Liz,

Nice to hear from you. I'm glad to hear you are doing well and still supporting the OC cause.

I'm really sorry to hear about your mother. It is very difficult to watch your Mum suffer like that knowing there isn't much more you can do for her but be there and care for her. Know that you as wonderful a daughter as you were a wife and caregiver to Robin.

Thanks for "dropping in" and saying hello. I wish you the a memorable Christmas and New Year with your Mum.
Posted By: Gabe Re: Dropping in - 12-22-2013 01:45 AM
Hi Liz,
Nice to see you drop in. I am not here as much as I used to be either.
I am now educating myself on my latest situation and am active on another group for that crazy.
I am so sorry about your Mum. It must be very hard on you being a caregiver again.
Also wishing you the very best for Christmas and the New Year.
Love Gabriele
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Dropping in - 12-23-2013 04:16 PM
Welcome back Liz... Things never get easier so they - hugs to you and enJoy the time with your mother. I lost mine 12 years ago and my dad this summer. It's a mixed bag to nurse a loved one who's palliative. The time is so precious - yet so painful. Hugs and love to you and have a wonderful Christmas,
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum