Posted By: gmcraft Removing smiley face - 09-04-2013 10:01 PM
Can someone please tell me how I can remove the smiley face next to my username every time I post? It is just not a good reflection of how I am feeling right now.
Posted By: fishmanpa Re: Removing smiley face - 09-04-2013 10:34 PM
On the upper right hand side of the screen under the web page banner, it will say welcome "your screen name". Next to it is the smiley face. Click that and a window will pop up where you can change your "mood" face wink
Posted By: David2 Re: Removing smiley face - 09-04-2013 11:21 PM
And if one prefers no face whatsoever?
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Removing smiley face - 09-05-2013 11:13 AM
Took me a while to find it. Had to go to "full reply screen first" and look way UP to right where it says "welcome and my name. ." so I changed it to the one that expresses confusion because, I noticed your posting icon is sort of greyed and has a blank looking face. How did you do that?
Posted By: gmcraft Re: Removing smiley face - 09-05-2013 12:47 PM
Can we please have a "no icon" for where we log in on the right top corner of the page? I tried choosing "no icon" for this post but the face still came up.
Posted By: Mamacita Re: Removing smiley face - 09-05-2013 03:32 PM
How long after you change the icon does it take to actually feel the new mood?

& can we have a "mildly buzzed" icon please?

smile
Posted By: PaulB Re: Removing smiley face - 09-05-2013 05:33 PM
I used to have a mood ring in the 70's lol. I would have to change my icon frequently every day with how I feel. Feeling happy right now, made dinner already, having a carrot, apple, celery, ginger, lemon drink smile
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Removing smiley face - 09-06-2013 01:03 AM
I decided to go back to the happy smiley like I had before, and just stay with that no matter what mood I'm in because of my recently adopted personal policy of "Fake it 'till you Make it". Easier than having to make decisions about what mood I'm in.

Decisions, decisions, all the time! Today at lunch with my daughter, the server wanted to know if I wanted a "twist" of lime in my coke or did I want a "piece" of lime, so then I had to think of how I was going to use that lime. . . squeeze it into the coke or just let it hang there? And how big was the twist? Would it be easier to stab the "piece" of lime with my fork while squeezing it between the fingers of my other hand, or just throw it into the coke, hoping it would still impart its flavor? Would I get more lime with a twist or with a piece? My daughter interjected with: "Give her the 'piece' of lime." laugh
Posted By: David2 Re: Removing smiley face - 09-06-2013 08:58 PM
This is a small point of course but I find it odd that I can't turn the icon off.
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Removing smiley face - 09-06-2013 09:28 PM
I chose "no icon" and the smiley face still came up. So now I'm choosing the little light bulb icon to see if that works. Nope, it doesn't work. So, looks like I will keep my smiley face forever and ever.
Posted By: David2 Re: Removing smiley face - 09-06-2013 11:53 PM
We must have different interfaces, Anne-Marie. I don't see anything on the list that says no icon. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place: this is the drop down menu at extreme upper right. There are ten facial expression choices and no place to choose no thanks.
Posted By: David2 Re: Removing smiley face - 09-06-2013 11:54 PM
ok got it on full reply screen, let's see if this does the trick.

Nope.
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Removing smiley face - 09-07-2013 10:13 AM
As I see it, there are two options for including the posting icon which appears on this page, left side next to your name:
1) Go to top right side of this page where you see "Welcome (your name)" and click on the drop down menu next to where it says "log out". A box appears that says "Update my mood". Here, there is no option to choose No Icon.

2) Go to "Switch to Full Reply Screen" (look down) and above the message box, to the left you will see "Posting Icon" and there is a little circle that says "No Icon". Click on that and see if it works.

Nope, doesn't work for me. I'm still smiling. But the Smiley Face strip of boxes directly across the top of the message box works for including whatever Smiley you want within the message box area. Here's the cool one: cool

Oh my Goodness! I just noticed above my name (left side) there is a "Thumbs Up" icon which I had tried previously which didn't work so now I have Two Posting icons. Have no idea how that happened, but I'm done experimenting for now.
Posted By: Susan2992 Changing "My Mood" Icon - 07-18-2014 04:40 PM
A new forum member asked about changing the smiley face icon that appears next to your name on a post. This can be done. It is know as "My Mood" icon.

To change, click on the down arrow that appears in the upper right corner next to the "Welcome MEMBER - Log Out" - your current mood is shown here also. This will open another dialog box, and you can select one of ten "moods".

When you are logged onto the forum, the icon will be on, showing your current "mood". When you log out, the icon will be turn off and appear gray.

I know my mood changes daily, so have fun changing yours!
Posted By: David2 Re: Changing "My Mood" Icon - 07-18-2014 05:15 PM
I hadn't thought of this bit of folderol in some time. Now that I do I see there's still no way I in my limited wisdom can find to eliminate one of the boisterous icons while I'm logged in here. Which I tend to continue doing rather than signing off and back on all the time. I have therefore changed my face to a complainer.
Posted By: Uptown Re: Changing "My Mood" Icon - 07-18-2014 07:30 PM
What if my mood is happy? Do I have to change it? O.o
Posted By: OzMojo Re: Changing "My Mood" Icon - 07-19-2014 06:28 AM
This thread needs to be moved to the friend zone.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum