Enclosed is a link to the video of the grand rounds lecture I gave on May 16, 2012 for the Department of Surgery at Texas A&M in Temple Texas. I talked about my experiences as a patient with head and neck cancer, dealing with the medical and psychological aspects of life.

The link to the presentation is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYRkHZQy7_4

I hope that you will find the talk informative.
Im looking forward to meeting you in September at Susan's walk.

Here is another way for you to help other oral cancer patients. There is currently a very important study being done by Moffitt. Please help by taking a few minutes to complete the following survey. There is a minimum of 150 patients required for this study so every single one counts. It is done confidentially but there is a section at the end to add your input. I feel with your experiences this would be an excellent way to get your message heard.

Moffitt Oral cancer Survey

Thanks!
Christine,
Thanks! I just completed the survey.
Dr. Brook - thanks for posting - very interesting talk. Thanks for posting. The concept of a wound as badge of honor or courage is not often spoken of in today's climate of physical perfection. I am reminded of Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain's life after the Civil War, living with pain from the shrapnel he still bore - but living a full, rich and meaningful life.

Maria
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum