Posted By: minniemoo066 Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-16-2012 10:34 PM
I'm so sad this morning. I got a message from Doug that our friend Liza Ford passed away last night at 8,30pm. I know that a lot of the members here are facebook friends with Liza and got to know that she was an amazing lady so i thought i'll let you guys know. So sad but at least Liza is not in pain any more.

Posted By: Gabe Re: Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-16-2012 10:56 PM
Thank you for passing on the information Minh.
She will be missed by so many and is now with the angels and at peace.
A few of us have been in close contact with one of her friends and nursing colleagues. We know that she was medicated and without pain during these last few days spent with her close family.
My heartfelt condolences to her husband Doug and children Justine, Nikki and Taylor.
I will miss talking, emailing and chatting with her and will never forget my friend Liza.
Some people might like to read about Liza's (RIP) journey so here is the link to her profile...
http://oralcancersupport.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=7709
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-16-2012 11:48 PM
cry
Posted By: julieann Re: Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-16-2012 11:58 PM
How terribly sad to hear about our friend, but now she is at peace and has no more pain, which is amazing grace. She will be missed by all because she was loved by so many. God Bless her husband and family.
In sadness,
julieann
Posted By: Deejer47 Re: Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-17-2012 12:25 AM
So sorry to hear.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-17-2012 01:37 AM
Liza was a great person. She was only with us on the forum for about a year. Poor thing had such a long battle. She will be missed by many. May Liza now rest in peace free from all the pain.
Posted By: WendyG Re: Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-17-2012 10:51 AM
Liza was such a beautiful person. She messaged me back on the 11th of Feb 2011 looking for strength and inspiration. She was so supportive of our triumphs over OC and looked to them for inspiration to show her anything was possible. I will miss her greatly. We had many of the same tastes and would often chat. She was an incredibly strong woman who had a quiet beauty about her. Never in your face like other people, always respected everyone's privacy but was a never ending support to her friends. Glad she is free of pain but the world is such a sadder place without her. Rest in peace Liza. I will forever think of you when we get a tropical thunderstorm, when I see a butterfly or when I listen to Pink Floyd xx
Posted By: braziliangirl82 Re: Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-17-2012 02:48 PM
How come someone with T1N0M0 with free nodes could die? Can you explain? frown I�m really afraid right now.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-17-2012 04:55 PM
Brazilliangirl - Liza started off T1 N0 - they removed the area (cheek) grafted her, removed 18 nodes all were clear. They thought that was the end of it. I was a T2 N0 to start but within a month after biopsy I had a node involved. my dr had already told me when I was N0 he was removing 40 nodes period.

Liza did not have rads or chemo, after the first operation. She found another node a few months later - waited a bit went to the dr - it was positive for cancer - they removed 20 more nodes - ALL had cancer - at this point they had to wait for her to heal... Before radiation, but the cancer was on the move. It had moved into the skin of her neck they did chemo for 3 mos to stop it then did rads - three months after rads her head and neck were clear but at this point it had moved into the vertebrae of her spine - they did more radiation, but they were chasing it at this point and were giving her chemo to try and stabilize her.

Bottom line - she had a very aggressive cancer, and well - would haves and could haves being what they are, I guess it depends on the dr and the choices he makes and how aggressively you want it treated, and how active you are in your care... Some people just don't want to know. Or trust that their dr will do the best or the most for them. Pushing your drs for answers doesn't make them mad - it should give them an opportunity to share their knowledge and makes them realize they are accountable to you - and frankly a good dr confident in their skills would welcome both a second opinion and questions. Some people stand back and let the drs do their stuff or give off vibes that they want as minimal a disruption as possible to their lives, this effects the treatment you get - ultimately I believe do whatever you can to get it the first time - that way there are no regrets if it comes back.

I'm not sure what went in between the first dr Liza had and her. But I just wish he'd done a little more from the outset... No one knows if that would have changed things some cancers are just super aggressive. Anyway we've all read the stats and from the outset I've never felt comfort in being a T2 - a T1 could die just as easily as a T4 could live - its random, but this is why we always push newcomers to be active in their care, go to the BEST CCC available to them, and throw the book at it the first time out - because you may not get a second chance.

Hugs try not to freak. RIP Liza... cry
Posted By: braziliangirl82 Re: Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-17-2012 05:40 PM
Hi Cheryl, thanks for your answer. In fact YES I�m freaking and getting upset anytime I read someone dies from this! I�m living a huge problem at my home, while I wrote this my father is doing chemo, still from unknown primmary.

I had tongue cancer last december, I�m about 70 days from the 1st surgery and almost 2 months from the neck dissection.

I had 57 nodes removed, all cancer free, no perineural invasion. Should I be less worried?

Really afraid to be on this again, my mother and my sister really needs me for the rest of their lifes.

smirk
Posted By: walknlite Re: Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-17-2012 10:52 PM
It saddens me about Liza. She is/was a great lady. I enjoyed talking with her on facebook when our times would match up.
Posted By: Karen Rose Re: Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-17-2012 11:42 PM

Rest peacefully Liza.

Karen

Posted By: AnneO Re: Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-18-2012 12:38 AM
I corresponded with Liza early on as we were both early in our treatment. I really liked her, and it made me so sad when all those diseased lymph nodes were discovered. She obviously had a very aggressive cancer. We will never know how much more aggressive treatment to match the aggressive cancer would have helped.

Very sad again . . . but she is out of pain and in peace.
Anne
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-18-2012 03:49 AM
Try not to worry... 57 is a lot and they were clear that's great. Just keep an eye out for any kind of rash on your neck and any other nodes popping up. If something does worry you call your dr. Period. Do not wait. Hugs - it will be fine.
Posted By: Gabe Re: Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-21-2012 12:40 AM
Our friend Liza as mentioned here passed away on the 16th February aged 44.
For those of you who knew her (Lizzy67 here on OCF) and would like to sign the guestbook the link is now active and listed below.
http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/the...liza-ford&pid=155922709&cid=view
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-21-2012 01:08 AM
Thank you for sharing this with everyone Gabe. Liza had many friends who loved her. She will be greatly missed.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-21-2012 01:40 AM
Thanks!!! Hugs...
Posted By: SUEZ Re: Our Friend Liza Ford - 02-21-2012 06:38 PM
Rest in Peace Liza. frown

© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum