Posted By: ChristineB Very sad news - 09-17-2011 06:33 PM
Many of you know our young friend Samantha Kemper. She was just 23 years old and was facing her third round of oral cancer. I had the pleasure of getting to know Samantha thru many emails and phone calls. Samantha has fought long and hard. Unfortunately Samantha has recently passed away. Here is the link to her profile on OCF where you can read a few of her posts. I have also included the link to the funeral home where her services will be held on Monday.

http://oralcancersupport.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=7828

http://www.myersdurborawfh.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1262501&fh_id=10935
Posted By: julieann Re: Very sad news - 09-17-2011 07:00 PM
How sad, Christine. Thanks. I'm going to send her family a card now.
julieann
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Very sad news - 09-17-2011 07:06 PM
There is a guest book available to sign on the funeral home's website.
Posted By: Jenslp Re: Very sad news - 09-17-2011 09:33 PM
I don't know how those of you who've been on this site for a long time do it sometimes. The loss of yet another beautiful person pains me and pisses me off. Not sure what to do with the grief and anger sometimes. So proud of you Nate - you've found an incredible and positive outlet - thinking of you today and all those currently in the fight!
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Very sad news - 09-18-2011 09:22 AM
Sometimes when our OCF Angels move on to walk the streets of Heaven, we are better able to accept the loss. Perhaps they had lived a full life, or maybe they were accepting and aware of their circumstances. But Samantha's death truly is a tragedy for us all. My heart goes out to her family and especially to her 2 year old daughter who has lost her loving mother. We all know that disease and the treatment for it is brutal but to ABSOLUTE CRUELTY and INJUSTICE of taking someone so young and leaving an orphaned child is almost more than any of us can take.

Donna Butcher
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Very sad news - 09-18-2011 03:25 PM
Well said Donna. Sam's at peace, but I'm sorry she's gone and feel terrible for her family.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Very sad news - 09-18-2011 03:25 PM
How awful this is for her family. Life can be so unfair .
Posted By: Gabe Re: Very sad news - 09-18-2011 09:43 PM
The news is indeed very sad and unfair as Jim says.
My thoughts are with her family and friends. This includes those of us that have never met her personally but have been with her in spirit during her battle with this awful disease.
Thank you for the link Christine which allowed me to post an online sympathy card.
Rest in Peace Samantha.

Posted By: Cheryld Re: Very sad news - 09-19-2011 03:08 AM
Thank you for the links Christine!
Posted By: slim Re: Very sad news - 09-19-2011 09:06 PM
I was away and just got back from vacation last night. I read about Samantha on FB and just sat and cried. It breaks my heart someone so young had to go through so much and to leave behind her baby girl. She fought long and hard and finally is pain free and at peace. My heart just aches for her family. frown
Posted By: walknlite Re: Very sad news - 09-20-2011 02:36 AM
I also read about Samantha on facebook. It makes me angry and sad that someone so young had to face such a battle. Many of you have said it is not fair, and I say the same thing. She is now cancer free. My heart aches for that little girl she left behind.
Posted By: misskate Re: Very sad news - 09-20-2011 05:17 AM
Very sorry to read this. Much too young. Seems so unfair. So hard to understand.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum