Who is a guest, and what is a spider on this site???
A guest is someone who hasn't registered. They can read posts on the forum but cannot participate. Alternatively a guest could be someone who is registered but hasn't signed on. I sometimes do this if want to check the updates but haven't got time to post or respond.

A spider is a like a little robot used by search engine that is running about the web and all sites on it for the purpose of cataloguing keywords and topics somehow so that when you Google, it will return a gazillion results on the thing you were searching for.

Don't know if there is any other sort of spider that someone who actually knows what they are talking about can chime in with?
Karen - you are right on! I checked WikiTap and they have a lengthy explanation, but yours is much better! They only other kind I know of is the creepy crawley kind and I don't even like to think about those!
Cool I've always wanted to ask that question but felt stupid if I should have known myself but I had no clue what the spider thing meant either! Good to know and very interesting too.
klo has the answer right
Thanks KLO...silly question, but always on my mind!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum