Posted By: Cookey Need to share - 05-23-2007 08:13 AM
This has nothing to do with Oral Cancer but i just had to share my joy with someone.Friday is my birthday, and today my wonderful daughter sent me a present from Grandaughter Georgina.It is a photograph of her sat in a field of daffodils ,and it has been made into a 2000 piece Jigsaw puzzle!!! How lucky am i to have such a thoughtful and caring child.She knows i spend hours a day doing jigsaws to fill in my time and this one is going to be extra special. smile

liz in the UK
Posted By: Eileen Re: Need to share - 05-23-2007 12:54 PM
Hi Liz,
Happy Birthday two days early! What a marvelous present. You will have to have it framed when you are done putting it together. Hope Robin is feeling well enough to help you celebrate. You deserve it. Have a GREAT birthday!

Eileen
Posted By: JoAnne1981 Re: Need to share - 05-23-2007 05:03 PM
Happy Birthday Liz, what a great present and I hope this is the start of a better year for you. Regards JoAnne
Posted By: billy.calcutt Re: Need to share - 05-23-2007 06:33 PM
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Your Grand-daughter must be a sweetie,
Because she cares so much about you.

Happy Birthday
Posted By: William Dozier Re: Need to share - 05-23-2007 08:43 PM
Drag Robin home from that pub and make him help you piece it together. Happy Birthday!!

Bill D.
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: Need to share - 05-23-2007 09:21 PM
Liz,

That is just to COOL cool That is so special.

Happy Birthday !

Diane
Posted By: sharlee Re: Need to share - 05-23-2007 11:32 PM
Liz,

Happy Birthay ...Of course you have a wonerful daughter ...she was raised by you , a wonderfully caring and compasionate and strong women ! SO she learned from the BEST ! Really a very nice gift though ...that will keep ya busy and put a smile on your face when accomplished. I hope Robin is feeling a bit better ( well alot reallly LOL ) so you guys can celebrate and maybe he would even want to sit and do this puzzle with you ! HOpe Fri turns out to be a Happy day for you as you def deserve a HAPPY DAY !

Shar
Posted By: brenfran25 Re: Need to share - 05-24-2007 03:19 PM
Hi Liz,
Happy Birthday for tomorrow! It reminded me that it's my daughter-in-law's on the 31st and spurred me into making a card--well starting it anyway! Was just gonna go buy one, but decided that would freak them if they felt I wasn't up to my card-making!
What a fab image it conjures up---Georgina in a field of daffodils! Even if Robin doesn't get out the pub, who cares when you've that precious jigsaw to do!!! Have a fabulous day tomorrow, you deserve it!
bren
Posted By: Cookey Re: Need to share - 05-24-2007 03:44 PM
Hi Bren i have tried all day to get a link to the photo to put in my profile but it didnt work.Its my sons birthday on the 31st(which i will miss :)He will be 28 and he is my baby I got loads of cards from the family(and my ex husband!)today i have saved them to open tomorrow as it will probably be the highlight of the day.

love Liz
Posted By: PeteyB Re: Need to share - 05-24-2007 05:57 PM
Happy Birthday Liz!

This has everything to do with oral cancer.

Lest we forget, ain't life great!
Posted By: suelynny25 Re: Need to share - 05-24-2007 07:45 PM
happy birthday liz.hope it's a good on
lynn
Posted By: Cookey Re: Need to share - 05-25-2007 05:23 AM
Thanks to all of you and what a great surprise to hear from Petey !!!Got flowers from Mum and Robins brother, and phone calls from the kids early this morning.Unfortunately Rob is not brilliant today so the rest of the day will probably be quiet still theres always next year.

Love and thanks
Liz
Posted By: brenfran25 Re: Need to share - 05-25-2007 07:12 AM
Happy Birthday Liz! Bugger NEXT year---be nice to yourself TODAY--as Petey says (Must be home, bless!),it IS still about oral cancer or you wouldn't be here and nice to share the good things too! The link worked and that photo is DIVINE! wink ,
BREN
Posted By: sharlee Re: Need to share - 05-25-2007 09:57 AM
Liz,

I already wished u happy birthay , but isnt it today !! SO HAPPY BIRHTDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU , HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LIZ, HAPPY BIRTHAY TO YOU !!!!!!! hope you have a nice day !

Shar
Posted By: Me2 Re: Need to share - 05-25-2007 01:03 PM
Happy Birthday, Liz! and to all my other fellow Geminis! My B'day is the 31st along with your son's and Brenda's daugher in law as well!

I asked my husband if he remembered if we even celebrated my b'day last year - I was home from MD Anderson just 2 weeks and I was barely eating much.. so this year, gotta celebrate! So, I've passed a year - and just got back from my last F/U visit this week, everything was looking good!
Posted By: Cookey Re: Need to share - 05-25-2007 04:21 PM
Once again,thanks to all of you for your birthday wishes they are much appreciated.Got two more bouquets delivered from my son and Robins sister i feel very spoiled.

Regards Liz
Posted By: MKlein Re: Need to share - 05-25-2007 05:09 PM
Happy B-day, Liz

Enjoy your special day.

MKlein
Posted By: katrina0523 Re: Need to share - 05-26-2007 11:47 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZ MINE WAS ON THE 23RD OF MAY 45 YRS YOUNG YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAUGHTER
Posted By: Cookey Re: Need to share - 05-26-2007 06:43 PM
Its a good job i have a wonderful daughter and mum and son and brother because my wonderful husband didnt even acknowledge the fact that it was my birthday.That sounds so childish but it hurt so much that all you people whom i have never met took the trouble to send your good wishes and the man whose life i share ignored the whole thing.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum