Posted By: EzJim Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 04:47 AM
My oldest son and his gritlfriend were riding his Harley today and some lady ran a red light. He is in very critical condition with mulitple injuries. His grilfriend will be OK but he is in very serious condition with head and brian injuries olus others. I would like to request many prayers from my friends in OC as Jim really needs them. I just talked to the hospital and all she would tell me is that he is still grave. My other son, daughter, ex wife and jims daughter and her husband flew down to Tampa and just left the airport to go to the Hospital. Ryan just called me and will call me after they see the Medical staff. I hate it that I don't feel good enough to have flown down too. Plaese include Jim in your prayers. Love You all. For that girls sake, I hope she wasn't on a cell or texting. I am unforgiving with that type of person.
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 04:51 AM
Jim,

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I will keep him in my prayers. Stay strong and keep us posted.
Posted By: walknlite Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 05:04 AM
Oh Jim, I am so sorry. I will definitely pray for him and for you. How hard that can be and is not to be able to be with him. I will pray for you to also have peace.
Posted By: Gabe Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 05:29 AM
I am so sorry and sad to read this Jim. Sending my thoughts to you, your son and family.
I know the angels are looking after you all.
Love
Gabriele
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 05:59 AM
Oh Jim, my heart goes out to you. I'm sorry you can't be with Jim and your family. I will keep him in my prayers for a complete recovery. I wish there was more I could do.

We're all here for you, our dearest Jim. Love you, my friend.

Sandy
xoxox
Posted By: EzJim Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 06:24 AM
Jim made it until my family got to the Hospital. All the nurse would say was that it ws very bad when I talked to her. Jim died right after they got to him. Thanks all.
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 06:37 AM
You are in my thoughts and prayers, dear Jim. I am so terribly sorry that Jim wasn't able to survive his injuries. I have sent a PM to you.

Posted By: EricS Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 07:43 AM
I'm so sorry my friend, you and your family are in my prayers. Love you brother

Eric
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 09:44 AM
I'm so very sorry, Jim - I am just stunned . I can't imagine the shock and sadness you must be feeling. My love and prayers are with you and your family. My own son was just here yesterday on his motorcycle with his girlfriend and it hurts so much just thinking of what you and your family are going through right now. I pray that in the days to come, there will be some moments of peace and comfort for you. Please know that we are with you, holding you close in our hearts.
Posted By: ConnieFL Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 11:05 AM
Jim,

I'm sorry to hear about your son you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Connie
Posted By: walknlite Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 11:30 AM
Jim, I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you. May you feel His peace during this difficult time.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 11:32 AM
Jim, my friend, I am so sorry to hear about your son. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: RPCV Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 01:59 PM
Jim,

I am so sorry for your loss.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 02:30 PM
Jim,

Words can't express how much we all feel for you right now and you know we will do anything to help you.

Posted By: Cheryld Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 03:22 PM
My god... I can't I imagine what you are going through I am so incredibly sorry about the loss of your son. It's good family was there with him when he went. My prayers go out to you and your family. Take care, and he will be there with you always.
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 05:04 PM
Dear Sweet Jim,

I am so very sorry for you and your family at this sad time.

Love,
Anita
Posted By: msmac Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 05:33 PM
I'm so sorry that you lost your son. There are just no words for something like this. You and your family are in my prayers.
Posted By: kenswife Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 07:40 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: julieann Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 07:40 PM
Jim:
I emailed you earlier, but again, I am so terribly sorry. When you lose a child, no matter how old they are, there can be nothing worse. May the good Lord help you and your family through this most horrible time of your life.
Love you,
julieann
Posted By: margaret_in_ma Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 08:21 PM
Jim,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.

- Margaret
Posted By: Cathi Carpenter Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 10:57 PM
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! I can't even to begin to think how you must feel right now! Just know that you have many, many prayers going out to you and your family!

Cathi
Posted By: Gabe Re: Sad 4th - 07-04-2011 11:01 PM
Dearest Jim,
I am so sad for you and your family on the tragic loss of your son Jim Jr. May he RIP with the angels in heaven.
Love
Gabriele
Posted By: Cookey Re: Sad 4th - 07-05-2011 02:59 AM
Jim my dear old friend..my heart is aching for you and with you.I know you have faith so i will just say God bless you.xxxxx
Posted By: Lizzy67 Re: Sad 4th - 07-05-2011 03:06 AM
Jim, I am so very sorry for the loss of your son. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers..may God bring you comfort and may your son rest in peace xxxx
Posted By: Bloop19 Re: Sad 4th - 07-05-2011 03:48 AM
That is just so sad, Jim. I am sooooo sorry to hear that terrible news. I can't think of any words to help. My thoughts are with you.
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Sad 4th - 07-05-2011 04:37 AM
Dear Jim,

I am so terrible sorry about the loss of your son. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family during this terrible time.
Posted By: Jeanna F Re: Sad 4th - 07-05-2011 09:39 AM
Dear Jim,
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved son. My heart bleeds for you. Prayers and loving thoughts being sent to you and your family.....Love jeanna xxx
Posted By: debandbill Re: Sad 4th - 07-05-2011 12:25 PM
How much can one man bear.....so, so very sad for you.

Deb
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: Sad 4th - 07-05-2011 12:27 PM
I am so sorry Jim, my deepest and sincerest sympathies to you and your family.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Susan
Posted By: CherylR Re: Sad 4th - 07-05-2011 01:20 PM
know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: SUEZ Re: Sad 4th - 07-05-2011 02:21 PM
Oh my Jim, I am so sorry to be reading this. God Bless you and your family and most of all God Bless your son. So sorry.
Posted By: SUEZ Re: Sad 4th - 07-05-2011 02:26 PM
i just read the story on the internet and the driver of the car was only 17 yrs old...
Posted By: Shelley K Re: Sad 4th - 07-05-2011 03:08 PM
Oh Jim.....there are no words to express how sorry I am to hear about your son. May God comfort you and your family during this tragic time. You are in my prayers.

Hugs,

Shelley
Posted By: slim Re: Sad 4th - 07-05-2011 03:25 PM
Jim, there are just no words. I am so, so sorry for the loss of your son. Many prayers headed your way.
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Sad 4th - 07-05-2011 03:39 PM
OH MY GOD JIM. I haven't been around and was shocked to read of your son's death. How incredibly sad - I cannot even begin to imagine. One thing I am sure of is that he loved his Dad greatly and he knows you loved him. I will never get my head around the "why" of some of the things that happen in life and this is certainly one of them.

All my love and hugs to you. Wish I could just hold you and give you the comfort you need.

Donna
Posted By: ESikon Re: Sad 4th - 07-05-2011 06:10 PM
Jim,
I'm so sorry, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Sad 4th - 07-06-2011 12:06 AM
Jim,

I am sorry to hear the news. You and your family are in my prayers during this most difficult time.
Posted By: David2 Re: Sad 4th - 07-06-2011 12:17 AM
Damn, damn, damn. Jim, I can't even imagine what you're going through right now. You're in my thoughts.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Sad 4th - 07-06-2011 01:08 PM
Our home on the internet sure has been living up to the name. Cancer support group. The " Support" has been fantastic from all of you. Not just here but in my email and facebook too. God bless you all.
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Sad 4th - 07-06-2011 01:29 PM
Jim

I've been dealing with PEG problems and did not check the forum
I join your other friends here at OCF in sympathy. Words fail here.

[quote]A wife who loses a husband is called a widow. A husband who loses a wife is called a widower. A child who loses his parents is called an orphan. But...there is no word for a parent who loses a child, that's how awful the loss is! - Neugeboren 1976, 154[/quote]

Sadly
charm
Posted By: mhupe Re: Sad 4th - 07-06-2011 04:47 PM
So sorry, Jim. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this painful time.
Posted By: GaryG Re: Sad 4th - 07-07-2011 09:04 PM
Jim, there are just no words for this. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your son. Knee mail out to you and your family.
Posted By: jayneday Re: Sad 4th - 07-08-2011 05:28 AM
Thinking of you jim and sending prayers and love to you and yours
Jayne x
Posted By: EzJim Re: Sad 4th - 07-08-2011 07:34 PM
Well, it will be a couple of hours and I will see my son after 1yr but not as I wanted. Right now my mind is full of wondering about how he will look. He should be in the coffin the opposite of normal because of the damage to his body where the car hit him. Damn I hate this. I am a softy anyway and hope I can hold back a little with the tears and crying. You that have been thru this understand what I mean. One of lifes crookedest roads to travel. Always wondering what could be around the bend.
Posted By: julieann Re: Sad 4th - 07-08-2011 09:55 PM
My Dear Jim:

Let the tears flow if you have to and I'm sure you will. One thing I remember being said to me when I looked at my son in his casket was, "Julie, what you're looking at is a shell. YOUR SON IS ALREADY IN GODS LOVING HANDS AND LOOKING DOWN AT YOU." Give him a kiss, because he'll know you're doing it. Bless you and your family. Everyone is thinking of you.
Love,
julieann
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: Sad 4th - 07-08-2011 10:29 PM
Dear Jim, Today will be one of the hardest days, if not the hardest day, you will face. I hope you have plenty of people with you today--let them be strong for you. When you are alone and the grief won't let you rest, please know that you have your OCF family to be strong for you as well. You are loved.

The first year is full of anniversaries and "firsts". But, as time passes it will get easier. However, it will never go away. I don't think we'd want it to anyway.

My heart is with you today and everyday,

Sandy
xoxox
Posted By: Gabe Re: Sad 4th - 07-08-2011 11:24 PM
I have no words to express how sorry I am that you are going through this Jim.
Don't try holding back the tears as I believe it can be a release.
Know my love and thoughts are with you always.
Gabriele xxx
Posted By: EzJim Re: Sad 4th - 07-09-2011 11:47 AM
I surer couldn't hold back the tears as I did my best to comfort his kids. There were hundreds of people there and in line for hours. I was in a few funerals at Arlington and for soem dignitaries including Einstein, but have never seen more mourners than last nite. People flew in and many drove for hours to get there last nite. He was well liked and a natural at making someone laugh and enjoy life. I am so thankful for all my friends in OCF and the many friends to comfort not only me but my family. There was a Dr we know ell that put shirts in my car because of my weight loss. People are so kind given the chance. Love you and them all. Be safe and keep a smile.
Posted By: 6571 Re: Sad 4th - 07-09-2011 12:06 PM
Such sadness Jim... our prayers will give you and your family strength to get through..Our fondest love and thoughts are with you all.
Kathiex
Posted By: ChuckF Re: Sad 4th - 07-09-2011 01:18 PM
Jim,
I know that no words can console a parent on the loss of a child, but know that you and your family are in the thoughts and prayers of your OCF family.
My sincere condolences.

ChuckF
Posted By: Deejer47 Re: Sad 4th - 07-09-2011 04:08 PM
I am so sorry Jim for you and your family. Wish you all the strength you will need at this time.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Sad 4th - 07-09-2011 11:42 PM
That was the toughest thing I have ever faced. Our OCF brother sure was right when he sent me the sayings about death. Charm Hit it square. No name for it when you lose one of your children. There were over 500 there last nite and I would guees at least that many in the funeral procession plus somewhere between 50 and 60 Harley Riders that Jim knew and some we knew. It was good to have enough food for them all and then a few leftovers. Such sweet people. It was the largest funeral ever in that graveyard. Jim's daughter was hard to comfort. Poor kid. I just had to let you all know how it went. Luv Ya all
Posted By: julieann Re: Sad 4th - 07-10-2011 12:20 AM
Oh Jim, our hearts hurt for you. There is no greater loss than the loss of your child and we feel your hurt. I bet it made Jim proud that his Harley Rider friends were there for him. Our prayers are with you to give you strength to make it through this horrible time.
Love from julieann
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Sad 4th - 07-10-2011 02:24 AM
You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad to hear it was such a fabulous tribute and celebration of Jim's too short life. If he was anything like his Dad, we know what a great person he was and what an impact he had on others. Many hugs

Donna
Posted By: Dragan Re: Sad 4th - 07-10-2011 08:18 PM
Jim,
Having been away from the computer for a few days, I just saw this post. I am so very, very sorry for your loss. As a fellow rider, we see this happen all too often with tragic results like this. I hope you may find peace in your grief...that is something no parent should face. Our deepest condolences
Posted By: wendys Re: Sad 4th - 07-11-2011 01:17 PM
Jim, I am so so sorry for your loss. With all the things I have lost as a result of my cancer, I think the loss of one of my children would be the most horrible things I would ever have to face. May God comfort you in this time of sorrow. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Wendy
Posted By: Malka Re: Sad 4th - 07-11-2011 02:58 PM
Jim,
My heart aches learning that you have sustained this most unnatural of losses. May you find some measure of comfort in knowing that Jim lived his life in away which reflected your love and brought honor to the family. From your description of the funeral he must have shared your wonderful heart and compassion for others.
With blessings of peace and comfort from Above,
Malka
Posted By: Karenj Re: Sad 4th - 07-12-2011 11:31 PM
Jim,
So I asked my friends, "Where do I go from here?" And they said...forward one day at a time. We will be here for you.

Karen
Posted By: Marlene41 Re: Sad 4th - 07-20-2011 03:33 AM
Jim -
I've been away for a while & just found out about your son. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine the ache in your soul.

Take care,
Marlene
Posted By: Nancy T Re: Sad 4th - 07-25-2011 08:15 PM
Jim, I too haven't been on here in awhile and I am so very sorry to hear about your son. It sounds like he was a much loved man. You said he was good at making people laugh and feel good - sounds like he took after his Dad! Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. The angels are watching over you - Nancy
Posted By: EzJim Re: Sad 4th - 07-25-2011 11:44 PM
What can I possibly say to all the words of comfort you all have given me ? It is so m=nice to have friends like you to comfort any of us in our time of sorrow. Thanks to each and all of you.
Posted By: tristeve Re: Sad 4th - 07-27-2011 02:35 PM
Jim I am so sorry to hear of yoour loss, My thoughts are with you and your family

Steve
Posted By: Pam M Re: Sad 4th - 08-04-2011 07:12 PM
Jim,
Very sorry.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum