Posted By: WELOVESAMMY SAD NEWS - 12-20-2002 02:15 AM
HI!EVERYBODYI'M SORRY TO INFORM YOU MY HUSBAND PHIL HAS LOST HIS BATTLE OF ORAL CANCER.HE PASSED AWAY ON 12/6.

THE STORY STARTED LAST YEAR AND IT BECAME WORSE AS TIME WENT ON.ON 12/3 I STARTED TO NOTICE THAT HIS FACE HAD BECOME VERY SWOLLEN (EDEMA) WHICH HE HAD BEFORE BECAUSE HE HAD TROUBLE LAYING DWN TO SLEEP, SO I THOUGHT THIS TOO WOULD PASS.HE STARTED BECOMING VERY INCOHERENT THEN ON 12/6 IN THE MORNING I FOUND HIM UNCONSCIENCE ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR.I CALLED HIS DR AND THEY TOLD ME TO CALL RESCUE AND BRING HIM TO THE ER.WHEN WE ARRIVED AT THE ER THEY TOOK BLOOD,AND THE RESULTS SHOWED VERY LG DEPOSITS OF CALCIUM WHICH THEY SAID WAS FROM THE CANCER.THEY THEN TOOK HIM FOR XRAYS AND RETURNED HIM TO THE ER.I WENT HOME TO GET HIM PJ'S,WHEN I GOT BACK HIS ONCOLOGISTS CALLED AND TOLD ME THAT SHE THOUGHT THAT THE CANCER WAS TERMINAL AND THAT HE ONLY HAD 2-3 MNTHS TO LIVE, AND TO CONSIDER HOSPICE CARE AT HOME OR AT A FACILITY.THEY THEN TOOK HIM TO CT SCAN AND I WENT OUTSIDE TO GET SOME AIR. THE NURSE SAID THE DR WANTED TO TALK TO ME, HE SAID YOUR HUSBAND EXPIRED IN THE CT SCAN HIS HEART STOPPED.HE SAID THAT THE CT SCAN SHOWED THAT THE CANCER HAD SPREAD TO HIS THROAT, DWN INTO HIS LUNGS, AND IN HIS BONES.THIS WORSE THE WORST DAY OF MY LIFE. MY HUSBAND, BEST FRIEND, LOVER AND SOUL MATE LEFT THE EARTH.I NOW FEEL LIKE MY LIFE IS OVER.

WHAT I AM CONFUSED ABT IS IN AUG AFTER THE SURGERY THE PET SCAN CAME BACK CLEAR, THE DR SAID HE WAS CANCER FREE FOR NOW,AND NOW HE IS DEAD. HOW COULD IT HAVE SPREAD ALL OVER SO FAST.HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE.I'M THINKING THAT THEY DID THE SURGERY REMOVED HIS TONGUE PUT HIM THROUGH SO MUCH WHEN THEY ALREADY KNEW HE COULDN'T BE CURED.

TO MAKE MATTER WORSE HE WASN'T DEAD 1 HR AND HIS MOTHER WAS ASKING ME WHO'S NAME WAS ON THE DEED TO OUR HSE.THEN THEY OFFERED TO PAY FOR SOME OF THE FUNERAL. MY MOTHER IN LAW CALLED ME ON MON AND SAID"I'M FINANCIALLY STRAPPED, I CAN'T HELP YOU GOOD LUCK KIDDO."HIS FAMILY TORTURED HIM THE WHOLE TIME HE WAS SICK.NOW THIS

WELL, I THANK EVERYBODY ON HERE FOR THE SUPPORT WHEN I NEEDED IT.AND PERIODICALLY I WILL COME BACK TO CHAT. BUT, I PROBABLY NEED A LITTLE TIME TO HEAL

THANKS AGAIN
Posted By: stefon Re: SAD NEWS - 12-20-2002 03:45 AM
Leonor,

My deepest condolences go out to you. I am the same age as your husband and was diagnosed with cancer in September 2000. While your loss causes me anxiety surrounding my future, it also increases my resolve to carry on. Surround yourself with support in these trying times. My family, and I can assure you, many others from this forum will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Dave
Posted By: Julie Re: SAD NEWS - 12-20-2002 09:21 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.
Julie
Posted By: elem510 Re: SAD NEWS - 12-20-2002 10:18 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Actually, it is a loss to all of us who have loved ones with this dreaded illness. My heart and prayers go out to you. LM
Posted By: gnelson Re: SAD NEWS - 12-20-2002 04:04 PM
Hi. I have watched your posts all along about your husband and was so sorry to read of your loss.We have experienced a lot of death in our family and time is the only thing that helps.In a way the fact that your husbands heart stopped , may have been a blessing, because he did not have to suffer any more.The two or three months they thought he had , may not have been good ones. As for your relatives, I believe when you do not do right on this earth, sooner or later you pay the price.Don't think about them , but about the joy and love you and your husband shared,grieve, and move on to live for both of you.You are in my and I know many of the boards prayers. gnelson
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SAD NEWS - 12-20-2002 04:37 PM
Lenore,

So sorry to hear about your loss. Please know that many of us are thinking of you and wishing you strength to weather through this time.

Take care of yourself,
Dinah
Posted By: youngerag Re: SAD NEWS - 12-20-2002 07:39 PM
Lenore,

My deepest sympathy for you in the loss of your husband and best friend. I know this is very hard, but try to stand strong. Keep coming back to this board so that we can be behind you in your time of sorrow. Please take care. My thoughts are with you.

Anne.
Posted By: kathleen786 Re: SAD NEWS - 12-21-2002 06:51 PM
Dear Leonor
So sorry to hear about the sad loss of your beloved husband Phil. My family and I will hold you in our thoughts and prayers. Take Care

Love, Kathleen
Posted By: Raymond_dup1 Re: SAD NEWS - 12-21-2002 06:59 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss,It is at times like this we need to pull all of our strength together.
My prayers are with you
God Bless
Ray
Posted By: Donna Re: SAD NEWS - 12-22-2002 11:40 AM
Lenore..........I'm so sorry for your loss. Write when you're feeling better. Sincerely, Donna
Posted By: Packer 66 Re: SAD NEWS - 12-22-2002 12:14 PM
Our Deepest felt prayers...........Packer was in ER this week with uncontrolible bleeding..........I was was so frightened........we live every day with the fear of loss.......may the universe be with you, as you know we all are..............Our Love Packer and dee
Posted By: bjensen232 Re: SAD NEWS - 12-27-2002 02:17 AM
Lenore I am really sorry to hear about your loss. Did you say that the tests came out ok and then his cancer was spreading all along why did they not know that. It really scares me to think that can go on without them not frown having a clue that it was spreading with all the technology and tests they put out there. My husband is going in for a Biopsy tomorrow and they do not know if it is radiation scars or more tumors. His Pet scan was still lit up and they saw more rounded tumors that appeared to be suspect so really do not know what they will find. We are hoping for the best. He had four tests and mri and ctscans and they all came back that they should do a biopsy so the ENT will be performing it. Please take care and heal real soon.
Posted By: can Re: SAD NEWS - 12-27-2002 12:17 PM
May the light of love surround you and hold you close through this difficult time of loss. May you find peace and strength in the light and please know your OCF friends/family are always here...
Posted By: DonnaJean Re: SAD NEWS - 12-29-2002 11:14 PM
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. May God give you and your family comfort and peace during this difficult time.
Posted By: JAD Re: SAD NEWS - 12-31-2002 08:19 PM
Lenore.. I just wanted to add my deepest sympathys on Phil's passing.. just remember that he is without pain now and watching over you.. grieve now, but remember to keep on with your life, the day will come when the pain lessens and you can look back on the good times and smile. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and I'm sure in many others.. looking foward to seeing you post again when you are up to it

Julie D.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum