Posted By: MeggieTye Driven to tidy up loose ends?? - 01-12-2011 01:04 AM
My surgery was in the summer and I am ok, as far as anyone knows at least. I am not depressed but for the last 6 weeks I have been driven to tidy up loose ends in my life. This is not just relationships but areas of the house as well. I am compelled, for reasons I do not understand, to put my affairs in order. My husband is a physician and has noticed this behavior, he hoped it was a passing phase but realizes as the weeks go by that I am super calm, methodical, and quite simply...turning into His personality type! We chatted about it today and I told him I have this deep feeling that I need to straighten everything out in the house that quite simply I need my house to be in "dying order" as the older folks would have said back in the day.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks! Nancy
Posted By: Gary Re: Driven to tidy up loose ends?? - 01-12-2011 01:09 AM
I totally understand - check out my posts in this same topic!

I think it's normal. actually part of the "new normal".
Posted By: David2 Re: Driven to tidy up loose ends?? - 01-12-2011 01:33 AM
I too think these reactions are a normal outgrowth of nearly dying. The world has changed for all of us. I find it a most positive place. Which doesn't mean I don't keep my apartment clean...

Courage, Nancy. Sounds to me as though the worst is over!

d2
Posted By: MeggieTye Re: Driven to tidy up loose ends?? - 01-12-2011 05:32 PM
Thankyou Gary and David, whew...it is normal!! Lol. I thought I could use some extra emotional help, in Canada we have online real time emotional support groups for cancer pts - just found out about that tonight. I also zapped off an email for information on an in person support group in my rural area for cancer pts as well. I am gathering information and feeling better just knowing I have something to look forward to...cabin fever is not helping!!

Guys, thanks for posting..and thank heaven for this site, I am grateful.

Nancy
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum