Posted By: EzJim Comes in threes - 10-26-2010 09:23 PM
I have always been told, since my youth that things happen in 3s. When I came home today, The surgeon that operated on my 1st annwurysm and did the nissen ob my Esophagus was wanting to schedule my next scope and a dialtion. I let them know I had to go to Pittsburgh and have this anneurysm repaired the 2nd. They tried to get me lined up for this week but the Dr is scheduled for a few surgeries including 4 open heart surgeries. I will call them as soon as I feel up to the scope and dialation so that the Dr can do his thing before they work on my jaw. He doesn't want me to wait too long and also wants to do it as soon as possible. Yep, threes it must be. LOL
Posted By: klo Re: Comes in threes - 10-27-2010 10:21 AM
threes is good. That must mean that once that dilation is done you can relax because you will have had your three. This means the holiday period will be free of any further attempts at the Guiness Book of Records for the most surgeries and procedures.

BTW, after 4 or 5 months on the boards, I am getting used to your typing and know that "ob" is EzJimSpeak for "of", but what the devil is "nissen"? I am looking at my keyboard and thinking "what key did he mean to hit that would make sense?" and I can't work it out. LOL
Posted By: EzJim Re: Comes in threes - 10-30-2010 03:47 PM
A nissen fundiplication is when the surgeon wraps 1/3 of your stomache around your Esophagus to help prevent that nasty Gerd from entering your throat and mouth.
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Comes in threes - 11-01-2010 08:47 PM
Thanks Jim for the nissen explanation. With Karen, I was also looking at my keyboard wondering what key you had intended to strike. I thought maybe it had something to do with a car (Nissan) and who knew you were spelling it correctly all the time!!! Sorry for not trusting your spelling! Now, if I could figure out how to use those little smiley faces from the "full reply page" I'd sure give you some really good ones.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Comes in threes - 11-02-2010 01:05 AM
LOL you have me smiling as I read that. I was the champion speller in grade school and still know how. It's the tryping that gets me. I wondered what a Nissen was until I got one. No fun there.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Comes in threes - 11-02-2010 01:14 AM
Well the other 3 will be here about 7Am in Pittsburgh. Anneurysm repair time and I hope the end of those things.
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Comes in threes - 11-02-2010 01:35 AM
Jim,

As you prepare for your big day tomorrow, I wish you an easy, restful night. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am also sending you tons of positive vibes. You'll probably be out of it for a day or two, but please know how much you are loved here. I am just one of many here on OCF who are pulling for you. I will be anxiously waiting to read your posts again when you are up to it. Take good care of yourself. You will be missed.

(((((hugs)))))
Anita
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Comes in threes - 11-02-2010 10:18 AM
Big hugs and positive vibes from me, too, Jim! Hope everything goes exactly the way it should today. Let us know as soon as you can how you are doing.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Comes in threes - 11-03-2010 06:49 PM
I am home... I got to Pittsburgh about 5:45 and went right thru the routine. Everyone was great and nice but sure asked some questions after reading my chart. Then I heard the familialar , How in the world can you stand ll of what you have been thru and still smile and be alive. LOL Standard answer. I amd determined to make 100 and will with a smile and good friends. I only have 2 incisions about 1 1/2 to 2 inches from this one and no railroad tracks. I am in some pain but I actually feel great. The Dr told me to try at least one week of taking it easy. I'll do my best to keep him on my side. I hope all of you are still enjoying this nice life we have going. Luv Ya ll and a big ((((((((((((((((((((((hug to all)))))))))))))))))))
Posted By: Gabe Re: Comes in threes - 11-03-2010 10:17 PM
Great that you are home now Jim. I know what you mean about all the questions but they need to make sure they have the right person and are treating the right body part.
I have had a couple of minor surgeries recently and think I will get me DOB tattooed on my forehead if I need any more laugh
Please take the Dr's advice and take it easy for a while now or this angel will get angry mad
Hugs and lots of love to Ya too
Gabriele
Posted By: EzJim Re: Comes in threes - 11-04-2010 12:11 AM
I just checked the 2 incisions. It seems I should have looked before. They are about 5 inches wide each.Now I have eyes down there with a cigar. LOL Don't mind my humor. Gotta cover this pain distraction.
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Comes in threes - 11-04-2010 12:50 AM
Wow! Already posting and I thought we'd have to wait a few days before we heard from you. So good to know everything went well and that you are home resting. Your resilience is AMAZING!!!!!

Big hugs
Anita
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Comes in threes - 11-04-2010 01:48 AM
Glad you're back home, Jim - and with your same great sense of humor! laugh
Keep us posted.
Posted By: wendys Re: Comes in threes - 11-04-2010 07:30 PM
Great to see you Jim. I have looked for you everyday. Glad your feeling decent, and yes, try to listent to the dr for at least a week more if you can.
Posted By: julieann Re: Comes in threes - 11-04-2010 10:55 PM
See, I always said you were "the man." So very happy your surgery is over (at least this one), and that you're doing okay. I bet those doctors really enjoy having such a comical patient as you. Keep up the good work and write soon.
julieann
Posted By: EzJim Re: Comes in threes - 11-05-2010 12:40 AM
It seems the Aneththesiologist ignored me when I told him to not touch my bottom jaw. He wanted to do a spinal and I told him no. This made him mad and for somereason I just checked my lower jaw because it is hurting so much. He was really mad at me for making him put me to sleep and not bother my spine. The last time they bent 2 needles trying to give me a spinal and and I made them forget that move. I called it quits then for a spinal and this time I am suffering. The jaw bone that was in pieces and jagged with it being so weak . The right side is worse right now than ever too, so he really got even with me while I was asleep. You can bet when I go for a Follow up the 6th of Dec, that I will have a talk with my Vasscular surgeon about what happened. I just talked to my son and he told me that I sure did tell him not to do anything in my mouth except the breathing tube. That guy even told me he couldn't understand too well what I was saying and of course I had to let him know he isn't easy to understand either. LOL He quit talking to me and would just talk to my son Ryan. Oh boy are pay backs a BITCH. I finally found a Dr I would like to deck.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Comes in threes - 11-05-2010 03:18 PM
Jim, seems like every surgery, I always end up with a battle too. Those darn anesthesiologists!!!! (pardon my spelling) I can talk to them forever and they still dont get the point. I always have to be put to sleep by a nasal intubation. A breathing tube is too big for my throat and they always hurt me when they do it that way. I ended up barely able to talk or swallow for 2 weeks when the stupid anesthesiologist did the breathing tube on one of my recent surgeries. This past one they finally listened to me when I insisted on speaking to the head of anesthesiology during my pre admission testing.

Dont ya just love it when the doc turns and speaks with someone else instead of you the patient. After everything you have been thru you know what is what and arent stupid about your conditions. Very frustrating!!!!

Hope you rest like you are supposed to and are feeling better very soon smile Be well, buddy!!!!!!!
Posted By: EzJim Re: Comes in threes - 11-05-2010 11:48 PM
Christine. I think we all should take some Karate lessons and put them to sllep the fast way. LOL It sure does get ridiculous when you have been thru so much, like you have, and they think they know your body better than you do. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Posted By: EzJim Re: Comes in threes - 11-05-2010 11:53 PM
The Vascular surgeons office called today and now I have to have blood work on the 6th of Nov. and then on the 15th take the prep kit again and have another CT Scan. One nice thing is that I can get those things done about 25 minutes from home. Then meet with the Surgeon on the 6th of Dec. to get his thoughts and the results. His office is in Cannonsburg . Perry Como and Bobby Vintons' home town.
Posted By: penners Re: Comes in threes - 11-06-2010 08:10 PM
Jim, so glad to see you back and posting again. I hope you are healing well and get good results!

Big Ole Hug

D
Posted By: Marlene41 Re: Comes in threes - 11-08-2010 06:38 AM
Jim, nothing is ever simple for you, but I'm glad your most recent surgery was relatively minor. Take care.
Marlene
Posted By: EzJim Re: Comes in threes - 11-08-2010 03:50 PM
If only this Purple People Eater body would get the normal color back. I actually feel good pain wise unless I move the wrong way. The purple color is a little darker than our OCF wrist bands. I guess it is blood under the skin. LOL Maybe i have too much blood and no more room in my vessels and arterys. Plenty of room in my head between the cobwebs tho.
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Comes in threes - 11-17-2010 04:49 AM
Jim,

Sorry I have been MIA through your latest battle. Glad to read that you came through with flying "colors" and retained your wonderful sense of humor.
Posted By: bethers0808 Re: Comes in threes - 11-20-2010 10:51 AM
Nissen is usually done due to hiatal hernias. I have one and they told me they wanted me to have lap band or gastric bypass, but that was before my surgery for cancer and i dropped 70 lbs and they still say they want me to do the gastric bypass and lap band, but i don't have that much more weight to lose, but they don't want me to do the nissen either, ugh.
I am glad you got ur surgery and are doing well. Keep up the good fight and hope you heal up and soon, laugh
Posted By: EzJim Re: Comes in threes - 11-22-2010 12:50 PM
I really have no idea how much weight I lost from the Nissen but it was worth it. I can eat out of a garbage can since without that nasty sour acid comin up. I did lose the ability to regurgiate and at times I wish I could. Good luck with your decision and thanks for the message.
Posted By: Nancy T Re: Comes in threes - 11-23-2010 06:25 PM
Hey there, Jim! I've been out for a good while but am so very glad to hear your surgery went well. I've got to give it to you -your attitude is FANTASTIC! I want to live to be 100 too so I totally understand. Take good care of yourself and do what they tell you to do as far as getting rest. Happy Thanksgiving!!1

Nancy T
Posted By: EzJim Re: Comes in threes - 11-24-2010 02:55 PM
This morning I see my ENT to discuss what he might have learned can be done to my lower Jaw Bone. I hope it goes as good as I feel the last few days. Have a great day all and Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Comes in threes - 11-24-2010 10:34 PM
My ENT told me that most of the flesh on my lower front jaw bone is gone. He is making me an appoint,emt with a Dr at UPMC in Pittsburgh for gis opinion of what can be done for me. I will go but told him I won't make any promises about saying OK until I have time to let his words sink this hardhead. I have to get the dialtion 1st. Th th th thatt's all folks. LOL
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum