Posted By: sharlee Tomorrows the day - 02-08-2007 03:04 PM
Hi everyone,

Tomorrows the day of surgery, I think it is finally setting in. Is it to late to say I dont wanna do this ? LOL Game over..wake me up in 6 months. I am having a partial glossectomy (left) and Modified neck dissection (left). heal from that then some type of radiation depending on pathology of nodes. I want to scream but I dont think that is going to help much . I have done so well up until now ..I knew I was going to have a breaking point and I think this is it. I just want to say THANKS to all of you for the advice and sharing of your own personal experience , This isnt ever going to be an easy thing to go through , but having you all makes it more bearable.
Posted By: Gary Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-08-2007 03:44 PM
Sharlee,
I would scream now while you have the opportunity! You may need the release ;-) Don't be embarrased to ask for anti-anxiety meds - I took them all throughout treatment and they helped a lot.

They also do a remarkably good job in the area of pain management and it is your basic right to it so IF need be, insist on it.

Anyway, good luck tomorrow and I am sure that you will come out of this just fine. Keep us informed of your progress.
Posted By: Stoj Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-08-2007 04:11 PM
My thoughts and prayers will be with you. A lot of us have been through similar procedures and come through it, but it's different when it's you. You will make it through just fine.

Tim
Posted By: Cathy G Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-08-2007 04:52 PM
Sharlee,

I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best possible results.

Cathy
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-08-2007 06:38 PM
Sharlee,

I think you will surprise yourself. You will do fine. Post as soon as you feel like it and tell us all the details of your surgery. Remember you will be helping others about to go through what you have experience with. At a minimum keep detailed notes so you won't forget a year from now when a newbie asks for help.
Posted By: Eileen Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-08-2007 06:49 PM
Sharlee,
Hang in there. We all will be sending prayers and good vibes your way. We made it, you can too.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: August Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-08-2007 06:53 PM
Sharlee......I agree with David....You will surprise yourself. Of course, you have no choice, and you will soon stop resisting and commit yourself to the "project at hand," which is YOU and your health and doing whatever is necessary. Is this the way you had envisioned 2007 going for you? Of course not, but then, nobody knows what any day will bring. This is your project for now, so invest all your energy into it, and you will do great! You can pick up where you left off before you know it. Will life be exactly the same? Of course not. It might be even better! Look for the blessings in the experience. They are there.
Posted By: georgia Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-08-2007 06:56 PM
Hello Sharlee,
Good luck with all of your treatments. My op (similar) was Dec and I have recovered well from the surgery - I wish this for you too of course smile
Georgia
Posted By: Raymond C Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-08-2007 07:32 PM
SHARLEE,
Before you go to bed tonight just ask god to hold your hand tomorrow threw your surgery and to give you strenth to dill with the recovery and I beleave everything will be fine. just keep up the + attude fight hard a let god do the rest.
I will be praying for you lol.

Raymond
Posted By: Jordan12 Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-08-2007 09:25 PM
Sharlee-
Screaming is good... legal drugs to calm the edges are better.. You will do this. You will get through it and you will fight this cancer with every bit of energy you have and when you feel despair you fight some more.Everyone on this forum cares and all are fighting each day whether before, during or after treatment and enjoying the fact that we have each day to share with our loved ones and ourselves.
Let us know how you are doing we are there for you.
Gil and I live near Cooperstown and I am from way up noth- Plattsbugh and Malone?

caregiver to Gil.dx 11/05.T2N2M0, Stage 4b, SCC BOT, rt tonsil, 3 Lymph nodes, 35 Dailey IRMT, 8 chemo3, finsihed treatment 3/9/07
Posted By: Dragan Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-08-2007 09:46 PM
Sharlee I remember well the night before my first day cancer free. That's how I chose to look at it...surgery meant that the demon was gone from my body; after that, I had a lot more control of my destiny.

Fight, and fight hard. David's right..you'll surprise yourself over and over. We're all going to be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow.

You go, Girl!
Wayne
Posted By: sharlee Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-08-2007 11:05 PM
Thank you all so much ! You make this easier to face and put a light at the end of a very dark tunnel. And even if i dont make it to the end of the tunnel and have to take an alternate route ( radiation later) I know that you guys will keep that light shining so i can come out of this. My Mom also flew in from North Dakota, so tha makes me feel good too! Jordan *Gil , I live outside of Amsterdam. Cooperstown is a beautiful place. I am going to get through this, I know that ..I just hate the idea of feeling crappy while i do LOL. My kids need me and I plan on being here to NAG them ( as they would say ) for quite a bit LOnger !!!!!!!
Posted By: minniea Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-09-2007 12:29 PM
Sharlee, I hope your surgery went well and that all is fine. I added you and your children to my prayers, this is such a difficult thing for our children to go through. From one mom to another, you will need to learn to let go of a few things over the next few months and trust in your childrens abilities. Take care.
Minnie
Posted By: Carol L Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-09-2007 08:42 PM
Sharlee, I too hope your surgery went well....you are in my thoughts and prayers....Carol
Posted By: August Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-09-2007 11:45 PM
Sharlee...come back when you feel like it, and in the meantime, know that the rest of us continue to pray for your quick recovery!!
Posted By: Jordan12 Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-08-2007 09:25 PM
Sharlee-
Screaming is good... legal drugs to calm the edges are better.. You will do this. You will get through it and you will fight this cancer with every bit of energy you have and when you feel despair you fight some more.Everyone on this forum cares and all are fighting each day whether before, during or after treatment and enjoying the fact that we have each day to share with our loved ones and ourselves.
Let us know how you are doing we are there for you.
Gil and I live near Cooperstown and I am from way up noth- Plattsbugh and Malone?

caregiver to Gil.dx 11/05.T2N2M0, Stage 4b, SCC BOT, rt tonsil, 3 Lymph nodes, 35 Dailey IRMT, 8 chemo3, finsihed treatment 3/9/07
Posted By: Dragan Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-08-2007 09:46 PM
Sharlee I remember well the night before my first day cancer free. That's how I chose to look at it...surgery meant that the demon was gone from my body; after that, I had a lot more control of my destiny.

Fight, and fight hard. David's right..you'll surprise yourself over and over. We're all going to be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow.

You go, Girl!
Wayne
Posted By: sharlee Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-08-2007 11:05 PM
Thank you all so much ! You make this easier to face and put a light at the end of a very dark tunnel. And even if i dont make it to the end of the tunnel and have to take an alternate route ( radiation later) I know that you guys will keep that light shining so i can come out of this. My Mom also flew in from North Dakota, so tha makes me feel good too! Jordan *Gil , I live outside of Amsterdam. Cooperstown is a beautiful place. I am going to get through this, I know that ..I just hate the idea of feeling crappy while i do LOL. My kids need me and I plan on being here to NAG them ( as they would say ) for quite a bit LOnger !!!!!!!
Posted By: minniea Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-09-2007 12:29 PM
Sharlee, I hope your surgery went well and that all is fine. I added you and your children to my prayers, this is such a difficult thing for our children to go through. From one mom to another, you will need to learn to let go of a few things over the next few months and trust in your childrens abilities. Take care.
Minnie
Posted By: Carol L Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-09-2007 08:42 PM
Sharlee, I too hope your surgery went well....you are in my thoughts and prayers....Carol
Posted By: August Re: Tomorrows the day - 02-09-2007 11:45 PM
Sharlee...come back when you feel like it, and in the meantime, know that the rest of us continue to pray for your quick recovery!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum