Posted By: jonp good news story - 04-12-2010 08:56 AM
Hey folks

Just a bit of good news to share, which i know is sometimes encouraging to hear.

I was best man at my brothers wedding on the weekend (a cracker of a weekend!), which meant giving the all-important best man speech.

When i first gave this thought post surgery, i was about 4 weeks into recovery and not talking too clearly and wasn't really seeing the kind of improvement that i thought would lead me to being able to stand up and be understood by over 100 people in just a couple months...

I spoke to him at about that time, saying i wasn't confident about being able to do the speech. He told me he'd just get one of the other groomsman to read my speech if we had to.

Well, the speech went awesomely!

I got laughs in all the right places and tears in all the right places.

I posted recently about a successful couple of presentations for a client at work, but this is even more mind-blowing for me contemplating it now...

Stoked!

Posted By: davidcpa Re: good news story - 04-12-2010 12:04 PM
Congrats Jon!!
Posted By: tristeve Re: good news story - 04-12-2010 01:40 PM
Jon, nice to hear! It is good when we tackle these anoying problems. One by one they fall!

Steve
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: good news story - 04-12-2010 03:14 PM
Jon,

So happy for you! Sending you a big bear hug and a friendly slap on the back. Your brother is a lucky man to have you in his life.

Anita
Posted By: Eileen Re: good news story - 04-12-2010 04:44 PM
What a wonderful confidence builder that must be. Glad it turned out so well.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: Gabe Re: good news story - 04-12-2010 11:25 PM
And so you should be stoked!!
So good to hear that your speech went so well especially as you were best man to your brother�did someone get it on tape??
I sometimes think we can be our own worst enemies.
I am sure we do not look and sound as bad as we sometimes think we do.
Thanks for sharing the good news Jon.
Gabriele
Posted By: homershoney Re: good news story - 04-14-2010 05:02 PM
so happy for you jon!!
Posted By: wilckdds Re: good news story - 04-14-2010 11:04 PM
Jon,

You made my day with your post.

Congratulations and keep the good news coming.
Posted By: jonp Re: good news story - 04-15-2010 11:58 AM
Hi again
thanks for all the nice words.
and yes, there was a video camera rolling - was the only thing making me nervous :o)

I'm yet to see the footage though...

take care and hope everyone is getting their own little bits of good news here and there.
jp
Posted By: Marlene41 Re: good news story - 04-16-2010 03:02 AM
That speech did double duty: it honored your brother & his bride and restored your confidence. Sky's the limit, now. Nice going!

Marlene
Posted By: EzJim Re: good news story - 04-16-2010 06:04 PM
Nothing that I can add to the posts you just got. Congrats and keep this great outlook.
Posted By: David2 Re: good news story - 04-17-2010 06:32 PM
Great story, Jon. If I ever decide to get married I'll know who to call. And do you do Bar Mitzvahs?

D2
Posted By: Marlene41 Re: good news story - 04-17-2010 08:47 PM
rofl:o)

Marlene

[quote=David2]Great story, Jon. If I ever decide to get married I'll know who to call. And do you do Bar Mitzvahs?

D2[/quote]
Posted By: jonp Re: good news story - 04-19-2010 12:46 PM
:o)
ha!
Posted By: EzJim Re: good news story - 04-20-2010 12:13 AM
Thanks for making me smile Marlene. I needed that and the timing was perfect. LOL
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum