Chris

I was told to bulk up before my surgery but had a fairly invasive surgical plan and they estimated 2 weeks in the hospital. I was in the hospital for 8 days and lost about 15 pounds. I was on a feeding tube. I was also told to bulk up between surgery and radiation. Gained 5 back between surgery and rads. Lost another 15 in radiation. I am 5'-11" tall and before surgery was 167-170 so fairly lean. Came home around 155. Gained back into the 160 range before rads. Dropped to 145 lbs as my low at end of rads. Today, almost 4 years later, I hover between 157-159. That half of my tongue musta weighed about ten lbs! It was my loud side smile When i did get back onto food, a vitamix was really helpful. Much of my food was blended. I could do soft foods (scrambled eggs, pudding, jello, etc) but to get enough calories was a real challenge. So we blended all kinds of higher calorie stuff (protein shakes, avacados, etc).

Your procedure sounds much simpler if you are going home same day. Keep us updated.

Best, Nels