Hi all, I am new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I really appreciate this forum as there don’t seem to be many places to turn to for firsthand information about OC. I was diagnosed about 5 weeks ago with SCC on the right side of my tongue. I am now 17 days post op after having a partial glossectomy and a selective neck dissection where 30 nodes were removed. Nodes turned out negative and the margins of the removed tumor were also negative. I do not need any further treatment and for that I am truly grateful. I did have a 6 year history of lesions turning out to be dysplasia. I have a different doctor this time, and hope that his encouraging facts about my cancer not returning will be true. Just wondering when I can expect the numbness and swelling to go away. I have numbness on my tongue (a fairly large chunk was taken out) and a lot of numbness on my neck which feels so odd! Although I’ve been cleared to eat whatever I want, right now that is just not physically possible. I’m looking forward to getting back to as normal as possible. Is this realistic? Up until now, I have found that family and friends have been pretty much hands off, no contact once they heard the word “cancer.”