Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline

Hi My name is Magdalena ,i'm 25. I was diagnosed with tongue cancer one year ago,I had radiation and chemo.Now my cancer spread to lung,that's why I am looking for someone with the same problem.
I am sorry my english is not so well wink

Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Hello Magdalena, Sorry to hear of your cancer. There are a few people here with spread to lungs, perhaps they will answer too.

Are you being treated at a major hospital? What are they offering for further treatment?

Take care

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Hi Magdalena, My husband has oral cancer that has spread to his lungs. How can I help you?

Sue

cg to husband, 48 Stage 1V head and neck SCC. First surgery 9/07. Radiation and several rounds of chemo followed. Mets to chest and lungs. "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." Went home to God on February 22, 2009.
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Magdalena, welcome to OCF. Im sorry to hear of your diagnosis and how young you are. There are several young people on this board who have gone thru oral cancer. You will find lots of support here. Everyone helps each other. Im sure you will find several others who have had a similar diagnosis. Suemarie is very knowledgeable and a wonderful person who can help you.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma
2 mo xtended hospital stay, ICU & burn unit
PICC line IV antibx 8 mo
10/4/10, 2/14/11 reconst surg
OC 3x in 3 years
very happy to be alive smile
OP Offline

Hi Sue and Mark
I hope You will understand me:)
Ok so,In june 08' I finished my treatment ( I had 30 radiations and 2 chemo-cisplatin and carboplatin) one month after my treatment I had Ct and Pet scan my doctor told me that scans shown something in my left lung,but he didn't know what exactly is in my lung -he told me maybe this is infection-because during my treatment I had really big problem with mucous.So he decided that I will have next ct scan in one month. Next ct scan looked better-I was so happy.
unfortunately month ago I had another ct scan and this time my doctor dold me that i will need biopsy because I still have some spots in my lung ang before i had only 3 spots but this time I have 2 more spots.Two days after biopsy I knew results-I have my second spread but this time to my lung.
I have 2 cicles chemo.i have chemo once a week (Erbitux and docetaxel)
I was looking for someone with the same problem because everyones tells me wow You was diagnosed with tongue cancer and You have spread to your lung,thats why i felt like I am alone with this situation.I had one doctor I mean I had a lot of doctors who told me You should't have this cancer You are so young ,i am not smoking,not drinking-so why me???
Sue can You tell me about Your husband treatment???

Last edited by Magdalena; 01-02-2009 04:38 PM.

Magdalenam

You can read Suemarie's blog about her husband Neil. Its under OCF cancer blogs and is titled "The Start of the Long Road".

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma
2 mo xtended hospital stay, ICU & burn unit
PICC line IV antibx 8 mo
10/4/10, 2/14/11 reconst surg
OC 3x in 3 years
very happy to be alive smile
Senior Member (100+ posts)
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Hi Magdalena.....You came to the right place for support. Please know that we will do whatever we can to help you. My husband's cancer spread to his lungs also. He is on Taxol right now and we are hoping and praying that his next CTscan will not show any new growths and that everything will remain stable. Take one day at a time. We all care. Let us know how you are doing. Thoughts are with you. Love, Claudia

Husband 2/3 tongue removed March 2008. Free flap. . Stage IV. Radiation and 3 chemo's (cisplatin,taxol & erbitux). .Pet scan Aug 08 showed mets to lungs .Oct 08, recurrence. - In the arms of Jesus, July 15, 2009

Hi Magdalena,

I'm only a few years older than you (30), I've not had your specific issue of spreading to the lungs, but I do have cancer of the tongue also.

I was diagnosed on Oct 29th, and had two surgeries in November. I don't smoke or drink either, and am still reeling from the apparently random unfairness of this.

My thoughts will be with you.

Tamara

Diagnised 29th Oct 08 (29 years old): SCC, T2N1 - partial glossectomy (25%); flap construction (twice - first one died); neck dissection 8 nodes removed, 1 node positive; trache - 14 days, partially collapsed lung. No radiation at this time.
OP Offline

Thank You For your post.Happy New Year I hope this year will be better than 2008.I hope that this year will bring some new good news:)

"OCF across the pond"
"OCF across the pond"

Hi Magdelena

On a practical note,and maybe to answer your origonal question,cancer spreads via the lymphatic system.In your neck you have over a hundred lymph nodes that drain away fluid from your mouth .It just takes one cell from your tongue to get into the lymph glands,for the cancer to move to other parts of the body,and of course the neck and then the lungs are in the direct firing line.Hence so many people have large numbers of lymph nodes removed when they have their origonal surgery.
Did you have the primary site removed surgically?and did you have a neck dissection ? or did you just have radiotherapy and chemo?

This is a problematic development,but you have age on your side,so get all the information you can about your treatment plan,and then come back with any questions that you have.
there are plenty of folks here who will be able to help and advise.

liz

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics