Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#8638 10-22-2006 04:54 PM
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OP Offline
OCF Founder

I want to thank those of you who are using the OCF Amazon link to make their purchases there. We had our biggest month last month with Amazon, and as a result they have upped our commission to 4% for most items. Someone has a group of students or people buying tons of nursing and medical books via our link. That was the thing that really put us over the top. Whomever you are - THANK YOU! Our last quarter had 189 items purchased from Amazon as OCF referrals.... That extra mouse click you all made, paid this months phone bill. Every little bit helps. With Xmas coming around the corner...please don't forget this option. If you work at a big company or university, please circulate the page link to our Amazon button to everyone that you work or study with, and tell them what good they can be doing at no cost to them. Remember they need to save the link on their nav bar on their browser and use it every time, Amazon only records what you do at each entry from our button...not if you go back there from another source like typing them in directly.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
#8639 10-23-2006 12:30 AM

What perfect timing for that thank you! I just bought an MP3 player and some other Christmas gifts there using the entrance here. I was thinking you were only getting 1% and even though my purchase came to the most I've ever spent at Amazon, 1% didn't seem like it was very much. 4% is lots better!

One question I have (because I will send out an email at work again), is the only entrance from here to Amazon now the one at the top of the patient/survivor forum page or is there another OCF page I can give (because don't people have to register at OCF to get to the patient/survivor forum page?)

Nelie
Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"
#8640 10-23-2006 02:44 AM

Brian,

I just sent the link to my whole email list. I put the link in the email by cutting and pasting the box at the top of of the forum page into the body of the email. It seems to have worked.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"
#8641 10-23-2006 09:53 AM
OCF Founder
OP Offline
OCF Founder

In the products section of the main web site, there is a link to a books page and it is there. http://www.oralcancerfoundation.org/products/books.htm This is a benign page, easy to get to, and it is the one that I pulled down to my address bar. I like the way Safari allows you to do this, because once you drag it down it asks you what to name it, and even though it is an OCF page I could name it Amazon. Of course you can do this in Explorer too, by going into the "organize favorites" under the favorites pull down and renaming something there.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
#8642 10-23-2006 09:55 AM
OCF Founder
OP Offline
OCF Founder

I'm not sure that will keep the link active Jerry, have you tried mailing this to your self and seeing if the link works?

But I think it is a great idea. If everyone here explained what we needed and what good it would do, and sent the link in my last mail to everyone they have an email address for, asking them to put it on their browser bar for shopping, then asking them to repeat the process to all of THEIR email contacts... we could probably reach thousands of people.

#8643 10-23-2006 10:18 AM

Yes, I tried it by emailing it to myself and I kept getting my account at Amazon when I clicked on the link in the box. I was concerned that everyone would get my page. But, it must be because of the cookies on my computer. So I emailed it to my wife and it openned the home page for her and it was not my account. Then I sent it out enmass. Checked with a couple of people and it seems OK.

Not sure if it will keep the link active, but see no reason that it wouldn't.

It actually looked really good as the whole box comes up and the recipient can read what it says.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

#8644 10-23-2006 01:45 PM
OCF Founder
OP Offline
OCF Founder

I just want to be sure that the code identifies OCF as the referring location. This is what it is all about. Send it to me so I can read the source code in the link OK?

#8645 10-23-2006 03:31 PM
JAM Offline

Being the "computer dummy" that I am, I sent the Forum home page "Amazon shop" box and the OCF products link to several friends via e-mail. When I clicked on the OCF link in my e-mail "sent file", I get all OCF "stuff" But the Amazon button went to them. How can we check to see if what they purchase using this link will count? Or did I do it all wrong? Amy

CGtoJohn:SCC Flr of Mouth.Dx 3\05. Surg.4\05.T3NOMO.IMRTx30. Recur Dx 1\06.Surg 2\06. Chemo: 4 Cycles of Carbo\Taxol:on Erbitux for 7 mo. Lost our battle 2-23-07- But not the will to fight this disease

:
#8646 10-23-2006 04:55 PM

I want to confirm that if you enter Amazon through the link on the home page and then must switch over to "shopping in Canada"; is the revenue still considered for the Oral Cancer Foundation?

#8647 10-23-2006 06:25 PM
OCF Founder
OP Offline
OCF Founder

You just need to enter Amazon through the Amazon box on our page, and everything you do on that session we will get credit for. If you enter using one of the books, my understanding is that you will still be credited to the OCF account for everything that follows that view in Amazon till you log out of AMAZON, but I have to check with them to be certian of this. Bottom line, what I know right now for sure - if you use the Amazon box to their home page and work from there, it's all good... but ony for that visit. That's why you have to enter WIth our link EACH TIME you go there. Only an OCF admin account password will let you see what has been bought and donations issued from. I do not get to see WHO bought, only the date, what it was, and the donation added to the OCF account. It also does not matter what it is, books, DVDs, toys, camera gear... it all counts. The thing I don't have a clue about is that if you cut and paste the artwork off of our page, if you will get the unique OCF identifier in the associtaed code that makes us get credit. Just link them to the page, and everything works for sure. This is what you should send people:

http://www.oralcancerfoundation.org/products/books.htm

#8648 10-24-2006 12:10 AM

Brian,

As a follow up to the email I sent you last night.....The first link below is the page I got when clicking on your link in your last post above. The second link is the page I got when I clicked on the copy and pasted box from the forum home page that I sent to my email list. I did this from the email, not the forum page. They look identical to me. I'm pretty confident that it works either way.

(I took the code out of this post because it is the destination page for that day, selected by Amazon, and while it contains a ref to OCF in the code it may not get us credit.) Your clipping in the mail that you sent me works great.

Jerry

Jerry

#8649 10-24-2006 05:08 AM
OCF Founder
OP Offline
OCF Founder

You are right, the email that you sent me works fine and has the right code in it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320
13,105 Registered Users
Forum Statistics