Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Platinum Member (200+ posts)
Platinum Member (200+ posts)

Jim, Btw, I was born in Monroe, Michigan. I think it's the suburbs of Detroit. But to hear me talk you'd never know. lol Also, when someone has a problem with an Ab. aortic anneurysm, do they feel their heart beating in their stomach as a symtom? Angel

Last edited by angels1313; 12-04-2008 08:38 PM.

SCC left tonsil, tonsillectomy with additional tissue removed 06/10/08, a few teeth on top left side removed 09/05/08,recurrence before treatment started at BOT and tonsil area, 35 IMRT treatments began 10/15/08, and Cisplatin IV (began10/16/08) weekly for duration of radiation.
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Jim,

My mother and four of her brothers (there are 12 siblings in her family) have had surgery for abdominal aortic aneurysm, and you are very correct that it is a very wicked surgery. Her one brother has had surgery a few times to repair it. Since there is a family history of that, along with breast and colon cancer, diabetes, and high blood pressure, I�ve been screened periodically for these diseases. So what do I end up with � oral cancer! The first one (and I hope the only one) in my very large extended family.

I wish you the best!

Susan

SCC R-Lateral tongue, T1N0M0
Age 47 at Dx, non-smoker, casual drinker, HPV-
Surgery: June 2005
RT: Feb-Apr 2006
HBOT: 45 in 2008; 30 in 2013; 30 in 2022 -> Total 105!
Recurrence/Surgeries: Jan & Apr 2010
Biopsy 2/2011: Moderate dysplasia
Surgery 4/2011: Mild dysplasia
Dental issues: 2013-2022 (ORN)

Jim Jim Jim....just what do you think you are doing now. See thats what happens when you get strange drugs you don't know or remember saving the world. Now the angels have to work overtime lol we really don't mind not for you anyway wink. So when are you gonna learn when some asks for voluneers or participants in surveys to "just say no" or keep your hand down!

Seriously Jim when all is said and done we will all still be here to celebrate life with you!!

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY
EzJim Offline OP
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OP Offline

Angel, I have never felt my heart beat there but in bed i can feel and hear it if i lay on my side., I think that's normal. I hope LOL.. Thanks for posting Susan, the Dr had me convinced that it is a 1 in a million chance to reoccur.. Dianne, You great people are always here for me.. more really than people that are supposed to be.I absolutely refuse to raise my hand for the teacher anymore. That is a promise. It feels like Canadian weather here right now and getting colder, UGH

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here

You can have the weather ok...Usually I have been ok with it as I work oustide and build up to the cold. this is the first year I think I will hibernate just cause it's too darn cold...already. It is time for movies, fireplace, hotchocolate....It is time to let the games begin video games I mean lol.

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY
EzJim Offline OP
OP Offline

Dianne, I'm sure you can do better than video games. Grab the old man and make him sweat and finally give him a big hug. LOL Can't say what I want to here. I gotta behave sometime. It just finished snowing here but no damage. Just about a 1/2 inch. Made another invention for supper LOL Gonna change my name to ALBERT .

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here

Well Jim easier said than done...I too must be careful...but video games will do for now...So what's for supper...we are in the middle of a stay the heck indoor snow fall it isn't a storm just keeps falling and falling and falling at a real steady pace. Compared to rain it would be considered a steady downpour. We were supposed to get 6 cm but it looks more like double that. It is pretty I'll give that one..

Jim,
Please stay inside. We don't want to hear that you have caught a cold or slipped on ice. Hears hoping that all goes well Monday.
Malka

SCC stage II Partial mandibulectomy w. neck dissection- July 2005. Renal cancer w. partial nephrectomy-Jan 2004. Breast cancer discovered in routine mammogram. Successful lumpectomy, sentinal nodes clear, RT only-2008 Reconstruction of mandible w fibula free flap-Jan 09. TORS removal of begnin pappiloma from esophagus-2010. Masectomy,rt breast 2013.
Support OCF

Jim, I think we got about 1/16th of an inch of snow here in the Philadlphia area. If we had gotten a half an inch like you, the grocery stores would be out of milk, bread and eggs, the plows would be running, TV stations would be hyping things up and they might consider closing the schools tomorrow.

Hang in there buddy. Tomorrow will be better.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"

Malka

I think we should make Jim the new "bubble boy" gotta protect him.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320
13,105 Registered Users
Forum Statistics