Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
OP Offline

Wow it seems like an eternity waiting till tomorrow's appointment. I get the results of my cat scan and find out if the treatment has changed and or surgery has changed with the results of the test. As much as I am relieved I am also very nervous. I have a list of questions I want to ask and am wondering with all this vast experience out there if there are any questions that anyone can suggest that I may have forgotten remembering that the next time I see this surgeon he will be armed and dangerous eek I already have some questions reguarding staging, the trach, possible feeding tube (peg) if things have changed and I will require radiation. I just don't wanna leave anything out and from other's experience comes knowledge. Any suggestions for the appointment would be greatly appreciated....

The one thing I am so upset about at this time is the fact that we live a distance away from the hospital and because of finances my husband not wanting me to be alone and will have to travel. We really can't afford that. The cancer society works with patients, disability works with only patients most of the venues work only with the patients needs. Well quite frankly I need him there with me too frown . With his illnesses this is going to be a strain on him.

Anyway want to get this posted rather than vent so hopefully there is enough time to get imput.

Dianne

Last edited by darkeyedlady0; 08-25-2008 04:23 PM.

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Dianne:

Sending positive thoughts your way for tomorrow. If it were me, I would ask the doc how long he expects my recovery to be. Also after viewing the test results if he feels that surgery alone is enough. Make sure you make your list and write down the doctors answers so you can go over it again later. Sometimes with a big appointment like that, its easy to miss important info. Best of luck, my fingers are crossed for you smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma
2 mo xtended hospital stay, ICU & burn unit
PICC line IV antibx 8 mo
10/4/10, 2/14/11 reconst surg
OC 3x in 3 years
very happy to be alive smile
OP Offline

Thanks Christine I am nervous and anxious at the same time. I have a list of questions already prepared thanks to kind people here and a bunch of reading I feel prepared well as prepared as I can considering I can still be hit with another curve yet. The results of the cat scan. Anyway I think I am prepared but hope I will be awake enough to be coherent...Gosh 7:30 am is early for me. We will have to leave the house something to 6 am to make appointment. Wow talk about cruel and unusual...

On another note was just wondering if anyone has heard from a member by the name of wallyswife. We have had several conversations and she has been so helpful to me but I have not heard from her for a while. She gave me her number and I tried but just got an answering machine. Left a message and have not heard back. I hope she is somewhere nice on vacation or something. Joan if you read this thanks!!!! and many thanks to a lot of other members who listened to me vent and whine...(Gosh this sounds like some sort of award banquet or something) Just so many of you willing to reach out and help. I don't wanna miss anyone but Donna, Stephanie, Helen, Brian, Jim, Pete, my contacts made through this site on face book and so many more...

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers...especially since I have such a phobia about doctor's in the first place maybe people should start praying for them....

Talk to you all tomorrow!!!

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY
"OCF Canuck"
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
"OCF Canuck"
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Good luck tomorrrow, take a minute to review your list before your appt ends to be sure you have covered everything you want to know, and yes we do pray for our doctors as well as for ourselves. You'll do great.

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23