Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

i WAS that happy smiling face here for jim,,but you all have no clue really as to whats going on... i know im not inocent.. and neither is he,,,sorry to burst all the soap oprera bubbles here but me and jim are not going to get back together... as i said before, yes i feel for him and what he is going thru but it is still no reason for me to be treated like i am and i dont feel i should put up with it.. im know alot of you on here dont agree with me on this.. im sure none of you do but i cant help it.. i tried my best and my best was never good enough...i would hope you all would see that i did care for jim if you would read the post from a few months back, i would be there for him now if it wasnt for the way he pushes me in the other direction,, there is to many things going on here thats not said and im sure no one will ever know or want to know ,, so i would say the best that can happen now is that you all be there for jim,, hes not going to push you all away because you all are in the same situation hes in, and i feel for you all.. no one deserves that but for some reason things happen we all have no control over, i know i should be there for jim but i think you all are better support over the air waves then i would be being there in person,, he seems to value what you all say ,, and im glad he has you all,,you all take care and i wish you all luck

Barb
EzJim Offline OP
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OP Offline

Humm, I think I have been trying to pull you back to me and not push you further away. No more of this on this site. OK?

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)

Jim,
I feel for you very much, and Dell's post above seems to me to just sum up so many things!
If she won't can't be there for you jim, get the support from your family or church---you are MORE than just a 'person in/not in a relationship'---you are you, Barb was with you for 5 years, you were maried and had a family before that.
You may have made mistakes along the way, as we all did.Others often fall short of our expectations and hopes. If anyone could write a book on 'Bliss and Health Forever'--and it actually worked!--they'd be a multi-millionnaire!
What I have learned from 'disatrous' stuff is finally to not take it personally, you've done good stuff, you're not responsible for other people and YOU right now, are the most important person is this horrible scenario you are facing.
Draw on all your resources--you invested a lot of time in your family---call in some 'pay-back time' now, rest, eat and get into next battle tiger!

Brenda

Brenda in UK--Diagnosis 30/5/07--undifferentiated carcinoma in right jawbone and muscles. Stage 4
6/7/07--new diagnosis primary is in lung. Finished 4cycles of palliative carboplatin/gemcitabine
therapy September 07
Now dying to live!
EzJim Offline OP
OP Offline

Bren,, lets put our heads together and write that book. Between us we should know all the mistakes and their remedys. LOL My family will be there with and for me. My daughter in law, who is due in a couple of weeks, is coming tueday evening and spending the night so she can go to the hospital with me on thursday morning. I hate for her to go seeing as she is so close to delivering that new boy, but she insists on going. I think thur. is the day they will remove my teeth. For the main surgery to do the implants all my kids will be there . As for Barb,, I would love to see her show up but if she doesn't it's fine. I have too much to live for to not beat this stuff. Thank you for the support and a thank you to our family in this foundation.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
EzJim Offline OP
OP Offline

Another bit of good news. The oral surgeon has to pull all of my teeth.. I was hoping for just the ones on the bottom. This should add to the fun. LOL

Jim---I can suck a grape to death!!!

Brenda in UK--Diagnosis 30/5/07--undifferentiated carcinoma in right jawbone and muscles. Stage 4
6/7/07--new diagnosis primary is in lung. Finished 4cycles of palliative carboplatin/gemcitabine
therapy September 07
Now dying to live!
EzJim Offline OP
OP Offline

Brenda, you sure have me laughing on that one..have to get me a grape LOL

Jim,
I will send you a whole list of stuff which it is possible to get down ya with nothing but gums! having worn full dentures since the age of 30 and only EVER taking them out, privately, for 10 mins at a time to clean, then having biopsies and jaw probs etc., HAD to have them out for some times, including to get some nutrition--I'm now an expert on it!
Brenda

therapy September 07
Now dying to live!
EzJim Offline OP
OP Offline

LOL Brenda, you are my hero. Now if I can get some beat them smooth until soft recipes, I'll have it made. I have my blender clean and ready for the big days ahead. I'm still laughing about the suckin the grape LOL

Senior Patient Advocate
Senior Patient Advocate

Jim,

See if you can borrow a food processor. There are lots of recipes that will blend all sorts of food to go thru a straw. Just a thought.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics