Next Thread
Print Thread
#48250 05-25-2007 05:59 PM
sharlee Offline OP
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
OP Offline
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Hi All ,

in a few hours I will be going for My Ct Scan of the moutain growing on my Jaw ..ok ok I am exhagerating it is a mole hill...still it is there ! Do you think the person doing it will be kind enough to give me any hint ? We just got home a while ago, My oldest daughter marched in a parade , she plays saxaphone, then we took the kids to the drive in to see shrek 3 , of course I cant sleep, no big plans for the weekend although I want to do somthing.I have a wierd gut feeling and while I have lots of aniexty and parinoia alot of times my gut feelings are right. in alot of things ....And I also have been known to have realistic strange dreams..in which come true..sooooo I know I could be jumping the gun, But I am guarenteed to be OK this Memorial day and there are NO Guarentees for next.( In anything ) so I want to do somthing fun with the kids. Not that I wouldn't anyhow , but hubby ..not so much ..he is a home body whom only has interest in doing things of his own interest. I try to explain that when you are a parent it isnt about you , it is about them and US . so they like parades, picinics and beaches. Not just Motocross,softball,fishing and hunting . So we will see where the weekend takes us . I tried for the ocean ..not working so well for me ..it is 5 hours away , but that is my safe place , my sanity , and my children LOVE IT. but no go ..so we will ssee how things go, on all counts today and the weekend. I just can't help think it is not going to go my way ( either issue LOL ) But at this moment I am at peace with that . because somehow It may make a difference for some one else. I saw another dentist at the parade tonight and he asked me to come talk to him with my brochures on oral cancer and also the velscope. Education and awareness....I guess are my reasons for the cancer.............Go figure

Sharlee
35 year old Female Non smoker, very occasional alcohol ..Scc T1N0M0,partial glossectomy and left neck disection ,2/9/07 No rad deemed ness. 4/16 tonsillectomy ..Trimengenial Neuralga due to surgery
#48251 05-26-2007 02:53 AM
Senior Member (100+ posts)
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Sharlee,
Please try not to be pesimistic. We all know what you're going thru. That feeling of sickness in the pit of my stomach resurfaces from time to time to keep me reminded. There is a very good chance that it is nothing (that mole hill). If it is something...then it can and will be treated. You will get thru this, that much I can promise. No...the tech will probably not help diagnose. The Radiologist is the pro at reading the scan. Best of luck and hang in there....times, and anxiety will get better.
Rob

6-05, Left Tonsil-T1N2bM0 stageIVA, chemo(Cisplatin), radiation(6660cGy), neck disection, no PEG. HPV negative. (Doc suspects posit)
3-9-09 last of 30 HBO treatments.
#48252 05-29-2007 09:39 AM
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

Sharlee,

I hope your weekend was good. Hopefully they have already told you something good about your scan.

youngin

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics