Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
"OCF Canuck"
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
"OCF Canuck"
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

I had a similar experience. I didn't have a PEG either, and wound up in hospital twice in the last two weeks of rad. As sick as I was at that point, they wheeled my bed downstairs each day, gave me my rad, and wheeled me back to my room.

My RO was really adamant about not interupting my Rad. Early on in treatment the machine that I was assigned for treatment broke down. The day was busy, and everyone had full schedules. He had me shuttled back and forth between three other machines until they were able to fit me in two hours later.

In retrospect, as much as I would have loved a break towards the end, I don't think it would have made much difference in the way I felt at that point. It would have just delayed the 'graduation day' ceremonies. My radiation techs have a tradition...a cupcake with a candle after your last rad treatment. For me, it was a can of Ensure with a candle...my throat and mouth were WAAY too sore to swallow cupcakes!

SCC left mandible TIVN0M0 40% of jaw removed, rebuilt using fibula, titanium and tissue from forearm.June 06. 30 IMRT Aug.-Oct. 06
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)

There were one or two times when I was so desperate for a break that my RO allowed me a day off, but he said I couldn't have any more of an interruption than that.

Allen -- you mentioned chloraseptic spray (among other things). Doesn't that contain alcohol? If it does, I can't imagine using that during radiation.

Cathy

Tongue SCC (T2M0N0), poorly differentiated, diagnosed 3/89, partial glossectomy and neck dissection 4/89, radiation from early June to late August 1989
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320
13,105 Registered Users
Forum Statistics