Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GRE1 Offline OP
Platinum Member (200+ posts)
OP Offline
Platinum Member (200+ posts)

I have taken the advice of a few members and decided to fill everyone in on some recent issues I have experienced related to my 3-year battle with this illness. Many of the older posters are fully aware that I have had various reoccurrences in my lungs and have had, as needed, the necessary surgery to correct the problems. I have been lucky to have had avoided any issues at the original site, my left tonsil. Many of you should know that this cancer tends to move through the system, up and down. Mine finally went up. In June I was feeling so well I returned to work as a Police Administrator. Two weeks later my memory was failing me and an MRI of my Brain revealed a tumor the size of nickel, with additional swelling, in the left frontal lobe. This Tumor was removed on June 23 during a 4-hour surgery at MSKCC in NYC. The point of this post is to assure anyone here that may face a similar issue in the future that this was the easiest of all the surgeries I have had, and I have lost, in addition to the OC, parts of both lungs. I have follow-up with Stereo-Tactic Surgery in 2 weeks and am hopeful for a reasonable recovery. I look and feel great and I want to thank all of you for your support and appreciate the direct input I have received from the

Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Glenn,

I am relatively new to the forum and am very happy to hear that you have been so successful in winning your battle.

It's great to read some good news and that you feel great. I wish you continued success.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Hello Glenn,

You are one tough cookie!!! I was so happy to hear of your successful surgery. Hoping that you continue to respond to what comes your way.
Talk to you soon.

Thanks for sharing the good news, It will uplift many members.

Love Ya, Danny Boy

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Glenn,
Thank you so much for keeping us informed. I think that even those of us who are doing very well need to keep in mind that we are never out of the woods and we must keep vigilant and enjoy our lives day by day. I am glad that you are doing so well. Keep it up.

Danny G.

Stage IV Base of Tongue SCC
Diagnosed July 1, 2002, chemo and radiation treatments completed beginning of Sept/02.

Thanks for the update Glenn.

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)

I must say Glen you are a warrior among warriors. My prayers are with you.

Blessings,
Barbara~

[i]"The artist, a traveler on this earth, leaves behind imperishable traces of his being." -Fran
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

Glenn-
Keep fighting the war and know we are with you! You give us all hope! Love, Kris

SCC Stage IV left tonsil neck disection 3/02 radiation finished 6/02 chemo finished 9/02
Stage 2A left breast cancer 3/09, chemo and radiation, finished treatment 2/7/10 -Stage 2 right beast cancer 10/14 chemo and radiation
Every day is still a gift :-)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics