Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
June Offline OP
OP Offline

My sister was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of the tongue.She has gone for radiation and chemo treatment with ended in June. She was told they could not operate at this timeas the tumor did not shrink enough. We took her to Sloan Kettering Hospital in N.Y. The head of head and neck surgery told us she could not be cured and to have more chemo treatments done to see if the tumor can shrink some more. She is in constant pain and on so much drugs. Oxifast 30ml.every 2hrs and l00 angesic patch for pain. on a feeding tube and she has a trach. Has sweats all the time and really sleeps most of the day. We will be starting Chemo Sept.8th. Hopefully this will shrink the tumor some more and then maybe she can have surgery. She waited a year and a half before she told any of us she was sick.
She made the excuse that her teeth were bad and she did not want to take time to go to the Dentist. Is there anyone who has this stage 4 tongue cancer went through radiation and chemo and was told no surgery but is living a normal life with out tons of drugs? I must admit I never did this computer stuff before so if I am talking too much please let me know. Thank You June confused

Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Hi June. Give my best to your sister, it sounds like she has been through a lot in the last year. I am a fairly new member going through treatment myself, and am unable to give you advice. There are some really informed people on this site that are much more qualified to steer you in the right direction than I, but I wanted you to know your sister will be in my prayers. Dan

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320
13,105 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23